Chapter 11

-------------------> "DID I MISS ANYTHING?" Lyra asked with concern flooding her voice

After meeting with Headmaster Dumbledore, she had directly floo'ed over to the main Black Manor (fondly dubbed the 'Planetarium'), where she found her parents and grandparents finalising last minute arrangements with their big band of lawyers to confirm everything for the next day.

After being satisfied with the progress being made and upon mirroring her family's vengeful look, Lyra Black had finally returned to the hospital in France (via an international portkey) where her god-mother, cousins, god-brother and youngest brother were still present and awaiting the news on Sirius's health.

Narcissa shook her head. "The healers say that he has shown no improvements."

"But thankfully he hasn't gotten worse, either." Andromeda pitched in, her voice filled with concern.

Lyra looked on with worry at the transparent door that separated her from her little brother. Sirius was sleeping so peacefully on the bed inside the room that you wouldn't have thought that anything was wrong with him. It tore her heart to see her brother that way.

She forced herself to look away from his sleeping peaceful face. "How are Regulus and James doing?"

"They fell asleep." Narcissa replied. "Lady Potter had to force them to eat something with the threat of taking them back home." Her eyes turned frosty now. "Snape will die for this."

Lyra laughed. "No. But by the time we are done with him, he will be begging for death. We will make sure he considers death to be a mercy in comparison."

Bellatrix laughed cruelly as she walked towards them from where she had previously been sitting. "It's too bad for him that the Black's have never been merciful..."

Lyra smirked at her cousin's words and Narcissa gave them both a small smile.

"A little while ago, Dumbledore came by to check, by the way." Bellatrix informed the grey-eyed girl with a smirk. "I think you worried him just a little." She told her cousin, eyes sparkling in amusement.

Lyra smiled proudly. "I'm glad." She said.

"Do you think he will give legal-aid to Snape?" Narcissa asked curiously. "Him not participating in the trial does not stop him from giving legal advise."

"Oh he definitely will." Lyra admitted. "And I'm counting on it."

"Why?" Narcissa asked.

Lyra smirked. "Because the more Dumbledore tries to help Snape, in reality, the more scared he will make him."

Narcissa gave her a confused look. "How?"

Lyra simply continued smirking.

Bellatrix's eyes widened in realisation and she laughed. "Of course! The trial is completely in our favour. There is no way to tip the balance. The more advise Dumbledore tries to give him, the more dead-ends he will meet; and thus, he will be more frightened and will soon realise that he is trapped in a ditch that he cannot get out of." Bellatrix explained to her sister. She gave Lyra a proud look. "It's genius- to make himself frightened on realising that he has no options. Much more efficient than threatening him directly. His mind will do all the work for us." She smirked viciously.