Chapter 21

-------------------> LYRA SAT IN THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS once more, eager to go back home

-------------------> LYRA SAT IN THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS once more, eager to go back home. The Silver side of the Slytherin Court plus Andromeda surrounded her in the compartment. This was the compartment that was specially reserved for the Court. There was more leg room, seating spaces and such. Also, there was a door inside the compartment that led to the adjacent compartment which was just a tad smaller and meant for all the Green's of the Slytherin Court.

There was a knock of the compartment door, and Lucius stepped in. 

"Hey, what are you doing all the way here in the Silver territory?" Dennis Yaxley said lazily.

"Exploring it's vast lands in order to discover it's most beautiful maidens." Lucius replied with a smirk. He turned his face to Lyra who was sitting by the window. "There is one." 

"Forgive me, but I seem to be confused on whether you are referring to me or your reflection." Lyra said, setting everybody in the compartment to laughter.

Lucius rolled his eyes as Narcissa gave him a mysterious smirk and moved to sit somewhere else so that the seat beside her cousin would be free. Lucius gave her a grateful nod before proceeding to sit next to Lyra.

"Binns is out." Lyra said as soon as he did. "My father received a letter earlier today and immediately sent it to me. Headmaster Dumbledore has until after Christmas break to find a new, proper, experienced and most importantly, living, teacher. If he doesn't, then the Board of Governors will be choosing one for him."

Lucius nodded. "That's excellent. Hopefully, that old coot will find somebody who actually treats the subject with the respect it deserves." 

Lyra nodded as well. "Yes. I've told the Silver's-" 

"-I'll go and tell the Green's in a bit." Lucius finished for her, making Lyra smile. "And they will spread it around to the rest of the school." 

A silence descended upon them.

"I broke up with Darla Sewlyn." He said suddenly.

Lyra shot him an amused look. "I heard." 

"And..." He prompted.

"And... what?" Lyra laughed. "What do you want me to do about that Lucius?" 

Lucius scowled. "Say something about it!" 

"I did, remember? I said 'so...'" 

"Say something else then." 

"I am so sorry for your loss?" 

"Something that you mean." 

"Congratulations." Lyra said with a smile.

Lucius fought a losing battle to keep the smile off his face upon seeing her dimples. Metaphorically stupid Lyra with her stupidly perfect dimples. "Thank you. Anything else?"