Chapter 64

----------------------> NEARLY EVERYBODY WHO KNEW LYRA BLACK were well aware of the fact that the Golden Chimera was her favourite restaurant but not all were privy to the reason behind that

----------------------> NEARLY EVERYBODY WHO KNEW LYRA BLACK were well aware of the fact that the Golden Chimera was her favourite restaurant but not all were privy to the reason behind that. While Lyra found the food there delicious, she had admittedly had much better from so many other dining areas and yet, she adored the restaurant and frequently visited it whenever she had the opportunity to do so specifically due to all the fond memories that were created in that place.

In fact, one of the earliest memories that Lyra could remember had taken place in the Golden Chimera, even if it had become faint with time. When Lyra had been little, her father made it a habit to take her to the Golden Chimera every single Sunday for lunch to inform her about how it was one of the oldest magical restaurants in Europe.

However, as Sirius grew older and Regulus hit the 'terrible twos' phase, this special outing between herself and her father slowly faded until it was only held in their memories and hearts. Instead, her father had thought of a way to involve the whole family in a bonding time, subsequently creating the tradition of going to a place of historical importance in the summer annually.

The Golden Chimera would always be Lyra's favourite restaurant, she was sure. It was also the place that she arranged to meet up with Bellatrix so they could catch up. After all, letters were so restricting and there was just something in meeting each other face to face and speaking that couldn't be compared to anything else.

"Lyra!" Bellatrix called out as soon as she entered the restaurant, waving to her cousin with a giddy expression on her face.

Lyra's face lit up upon spotting hers. "Bella!" she said, moving to embrace her cousin into a tight hug before the two separated with a smile, taking their seats at the table that was all but reserved for them which also happened to be heavily warded with privacy charms. "How are you? You look so happy and you're practically radiating power!"

Bellatrix giggled, even as she beamed at the compliment. "I am happy. Oh, Lyra! The Dark Lord is absolutely wonderful! I'm learning so much and Morgana, you should see him in a duel, Lyra. He's brilliant. He's brilliantly brilliant. All the words of praise in the world would not be able to convey just how amazing he is at duelling and well, everything, really." 

Lyra squeezed Bellatrix's hands supportively. "I'm very happy for you, Bella. You're doing such a brilliant job, you always have. I'm extremely proud of you."

Bellatrix's cheeks pinked as she cleared her throat. "Yes, well, of course, thank you." She paused. "Say, Lyra, didn't you dance for like a hundred songs with the Dark Lord yesterday?" 

Bellatrix tried to play it off as causal, but Lyra could easily sense the underlying tone of jealousy that her cousin's voice contained whenever the Dark Lord spent time with anybody who wasn't her. If only Bellatrix knew that Lyra would be more than happy to have her as the Dark Lord's centre of attention.

Lyra smiled. "I did, but I really wish I hadn't. Goodness, Bella, you did so well in your apprenticeship with the Dark Lord! He was so pleased with you that he spent the whole time he danced with me, praising you, your skills, your great power and ability!"