Chapter 45

-------------------> ANDROMEDA HAD NEVER TRULY UNDERSTOOD THE WORD 'AWKWARD' and the phrase 'the tension could be cut with a curse' until she was seated in the fifty-seater dining table at the Planetarium on the first night home for Yule break

The family dinner to celebrate the beloved children return from Hogwarts for Yule was a sort of fond tradition, and anybody who was directly related by at least two generations prior to the Blacks -such as the Houses of Prewett, Potter, Crouch, Longbottom and Weasley (but specifically only Arthur)- were invited to attend along with a few who had received the special permission from Lord Black.

In the past, those special permission holders included the Minister of Magic, the Supreme Mugwumps and important delegates of the International Confederation of Wizards, War-heroes like Newt Scandamer and Tina Goldstein, luminaries in the research of magic such as Nicholas Flamel and even celebrities like Gwenog Jones and Celestine Warbeck.

Now, Ted Tonks also had the honour of being added to this list.

To an outsider, it would have been pretty obvious who was the foreign person on the table within seconds.

All the purebloods on the table looked to be grace personified. There was a certain natural elegance emitting from them in the way they moved and a charming pronunciation in the way they spoke along with them bearing a lovely, sharp countenance.

The sole muggleborn dining, however, gaped most of the time- at the food, the elves, the fact that all the utensils were made with gold and studded with real diamonds, the expensive chandelier and the whole grand attire of the manor-like-castle in general.

He also ate clumsily, misused the wrong forks so many times and had the back-erectness of a snake, which is none. He had absolutely no table manners and knew nothing about traditions, but Andromeda loved him anyway.

And nothing anybody said was going to change that.

If her great-uncle had assumed that she was going to change her mind upon seeing the difference between him and them, he was going to find himself quite disappointed.

It had been ten minutes into the dinner, and nobody had brought up the topic of the unknown person sitting beside Andromeda.

Sure a lot of people were glaring crucio's at him, but other than angrily stabbing their meat and narrowing eyes, not even a word had escaped their mouths.

Lyra -seemingly not noticing the tension- sat a few seats from Andromeda, and was in a conversation with her seat-neighbour Molly, about her coming wedding due to happen in a few days. Narcissa, who sat opposite to Lyra, also looked to be involved in the discussion and so did Bellatrix who sat opposite to Molly, all three girls gushing over details.

Her dear sister Bella had found an odd friend in Molly during the time they all attended classes at Hogwarts, as the two girls traded ideas and shared worries over their respective weddings that were right around the corner.