Chapter 8

-------------------> SEVERUS FOUND THAT HE WAS RIGHT in the sense that the Court did not pay much attention to the first years. After the initial interaction, and the small conversation with some members of the Court that day before breakfast, the first years were left alone.

And that was a good thing. It had been a few months since they first came to Hogwarts, and they had all learnt the way of the Slytherin Common Room pretty quickly. Nobody was supposed to be present when the Court was in session, and nobody was supposed to ask the question of what had happened.

If you kept your head low, you would be perfectly fine.

However, while most of the first years were trying to avoid the attention of the most esteemed Slytherin Court, the upper years were trying to gain it.

Even some of the more ambitious first years were trying their best to get the Court's attention on them, in a good way of course.

The simple reason was because there were four seventh years in the Court at the moment, and the Court had to find replacements for them by the end of this academical year. Not to mention the fact that the position of being the Queen's second was open! Although, to be honest, Narcissa Black was most likely going to get promoted to be the Queen's second after Bellatrix Black graduates, and would also probably end up being the Queen's successor after Lyra Black herself, graduates.

Also, the position of Valarie Bulstroad and Patrick Parkinson were most likely going to be changed as well, since they would be seventh years then and would not have the time to help tutor the lower years anymore. And the two's current role cannot be replaced by the upcoming year's sixth year prefects since they were definitely going to be Lyra Black and Lucius Malfoy, who already hold the role of Queen and King respectively.

Nathanial Crabbe and Gregory Goyle would most likely continue serving in their same positions, as would Theodore Nott, Dennis Yaxley and Penelope Rowle. The rest of the the position's of the current members of the Court who would continue serving the next year would without a doubt be changed a bit.

But even excluding all that, in summary, four positions were going to be open, and that was a very big deal.

Every single snake would love to be a part of the Slytherin Court. It was rare but not unheard of for a first or second year to be part of the Court. Heck, the current Queen became the Queen during her very first year at Hogwarts.

Severus wanted to be in the Court, and he was going to try his very best to do so.

And for doing that, he had to do something big. Something worth hearing about. He had had an audience with the Court for speaking to muggle-born Lily, but now he needed to capture their attention in a good way.

How was he going to do that?

------> 0o0 <------

After almost three months of school, Severus was sure of two things: James Potter was his mortal nemesis and Sirius Black was the bane of his existence.