Chapter 25

-------------------> THE DISCUSSIONS HAD TAKEN UP ALL NIGHT and it was only at around three in the morning did they see it come to a close

Lyra had tried her absolute best to both warn and prompt them on the matters of a Dark Lord. She did her best to give them all a perfectly neutral view on matters so that the choice they made on this very important decision was theirs, and theirs only.

She told them everything she knew about him, which caused others to do the same, and it was only then did she realise exactly how little she actually knew about this so-called Voldemort.

She knew all about his ideologies and the methods through which he wanted to implement them. She knew that he was middle-aged, handsome, intelligent, charming, manipulative and powerful, but she didn't know anything about him. Not really.

And the discussions that she had with her fellow Slytherins made her more doubtful than clear.

She didn't know where he had come from, who his parents were and what was his real name (because no parent would be so cruel to name their child Voldemort of all things). She didn't know why he felt the need to hide his identity by fashioning himself a given name. Not one Dark Lord before him had hid their identity. They had all been proud of their family name and wished to make the whole world cower beneath it, so Lyra honestly did not know how shameful and disgraceful his real name must have been for him to have to cover it up.

She also felt weary about the reactions of those around her as she spoke about the topic. Specifically, how Bellatrix's eyes held a mad, obsessive gleam, how Narcissa stiffened and a scared expression recurrently kept running across her face and how Andromeda's face turned deathly pale and kept unconsciously backing away until she hit the wall.

Lyra needed time to think.

She needed a break. From everybody and everything.

So that is how she found herself in the Astronomy tower at four forty five in the morning.

This was sadly somewhat of a regular routine for her.

She sometimes had trouble sleeping at night because there were too many things that were running through her mind and too many things that she stressed and worried over when nobody was looking.

So, whenever that happened, she would go to the Astronomy tower and find solace in looking at the heavens that she was named after.

Occasionally, she would be joined in this activity by Headmaster Dumbledore. The two of them would not say anything or even acknowledge each other. She wouldn't ask him why he was there or what he was thinking about; and he wouldn't ask her why she was up so late, way past the nightly curfew. They both had a non-verbal yet mutually agreed upon pact between them whereupon they would simply admire and pity the stars in silence, each lost in their own world of thoughts.

She could hear the wooden door slightly creek and the pitter patter of footsteps grow louder, making her assume that the Headmaster had arrived, but in the next second, she would find that she was mistaken.