1.

Song of the Chapter: Mount Everest by Labrinth

Malory's POV

Saturday, November 4th. Today was the first quidditch match of the season. Draco was extremely confident that our team would win against Ravenclaw and decided to buy twice as many bottles of fire whiskey. It's hit that time of night where I am grateful that he did so.

And yes, we did win.

                                                                    (Malory's outfit for the party)

"Mal, get over here!"

Looking past the strobe lights and thick smoke I see Aary waving me down from one of the tables. She's surrounded by almost a dozen year six boys who are also staring in my direction.

I push my way through the crowds of students and join at her side. Instantly, she hands me a glass.

"We have to do it together." She says.

I stare down at the dark brown liquid in the cup and already feel the heat in my chest. The boys at the table start counting down from three, and once they hit one we both chug.

"That was brilliant!" Blaise shouts.

The rest of the boys start shouting and cheering us on as we go for another. Aary slams her glass down and bows as they all clap and I can't help but laugh.

I grab onto her hand and pull her towards the center of the common room.

"Come on, let's dance."

She doesn't argue with the idea whatsoever. Her hand grips mine tightly as we race to the center of the common room. My feet stop right in front of the tea table and without a second thought, I jump on top of it.

I make sure I have my balance then turn around and pull Aary up. She struggles to stand straight but I keep a hold of her tightly.

"Are we as high as I think?" She asks.

I look around at all of the students dancing. "Something like that."

She giggles to herself. I see her starting to put her arms on my shoulders but then the music changes and grabs her attention.

"I requested this one!" I say happily.

The two of us dance together through the entire song. It feels like hours but I know it's only been a couple of minutes. I probably would dance for hours though, but only when feeling like this. Confidence isn't an issue at this time of night.