25.

Draco's POV

     I'll spare you the details on how shitty the month of May was. Professor Umbridge banned parties completely meaning every weekend after games instead of enjoying loud music and dancing til the sunrise, we all got to go back to our dorms and sit. I mean, we still got fucked up though so it could be worse.

      Aary and Malory always invited us back to their room for drinks and occasionally we'd get away with smoking out their window. Some other Slytherin students tried to join but I think it's clear by now that we don't like increasing the size of our friend group.

     Today is the last Quidditch game of the season; Slytherin versus Gryffindor. Blaise and the rest of the team are shitting their pants because they don't want to lose but I know we won't. We've won almost every game this year and Gryffindor doesn't have any good players because they got in trouble with Umbridge.

                      "Happy Quidditch finals day!"

       Aary and Malory rush onto the field with celebration poppers in their hands and cover us all with confetti. I flick the green sparkly pieces of parchment out of my hair and scoff.

          "You better have more of that for when we win."

               "I have more than we need." Aary sighs.

        Malory and I still haven't really spoken since the night in the astronomy tower. I know I'm a git for it but I don't like secret keeping. Honestly I'm not even that mad anymore, I just like seeing her pout over me.

                 Blaise looks Malory up and down. "Where's your jersey?"

        She glances at me. "Well since Draco hates me so much I'm not going to wear it."

                      "I don't hate you." I mumble.

         Everyone ignores me because Theo interrupts. "You can wear mine, Mal."

          I swear I feel my eye twitch when those words come out of his mouth. Malory draws a heart with her pointer fingers towards Theo playfully, then starts walking back to the stands. Aary makes sure no one is looking and gives Blaise a hug but I still manage to see it out of the corner of my eye.

                    "Okay, lovebirds." I say under my breath.

           They push away from each other and act disgusted.

                        "Like hell!"  They both shout in sync.

         I laugh hysterically while taking my weight off my broom. Aary leaves awkwardly and joins Malory in the stands, then the team gets back to practice. While we finish up going over a few things the field fills up quickly and I finally start to feel the nerves.

                  "Welcome to the 1995/1996 Quidditch finals!" Lee Jordan hollers.

        Everyone in the stands starts screaming and shouting. Our team huddles up at the opposite side of the field as Gryffindor and gets ready for Jordan to announce the teams.

                       "Coming in from the left we have Gryffindor!"

       The red side of the stands starts cheering as the entire Gryffindor team flies to the center of the field. Half of the people on the team I've never seen before and that's because they've been on the bench all season. They're only out here now because Harry and the others are gone.