39.

Trigger warning - Drug use.

Song of the Chapter: Formula by Labrinth

Aary's POV

     The Quidditch season has been complete shit. I don't know if it's because we all have a lot on our minds or the other teams have just gotten better since last year. Either way, it sucks. Which means the parties have also sucked. I mean sure, there's still booze and drugs. But the energy just isn't there.

        And that is why this year we are throwing a Halloween party.

                  "Come on let me see!"

       "I look fucking ridiculous." Blaise mumbles while walking out.

      He comes out in black trousers and a white button down with a bolo tie around his neck. If it weren't for the blood splattered on the white fabric I'm not sure anyone would even know who he's dressed as.

              "Does that mean I look ridiculous as well?" I laugh.

      Instantly, Blaise takes back what he said. "No! No, you pull it off better than me."

      I get closer to him and wipe some of the blood from his face with my finger, then rub it under my nose.

                          "Well I think we both look spectacular."

     He gives me a kiss before the two of us head up the stairs into the common room. The party started almost an hour ago but I had to convince Blaise to actually dress up with me.

     I don't know what it is with boys and wearing costumes, they can't stand it. I highly doubt Draco is participating in Halloween and that's probably why Blaise was being so annoying about it.

                 "About time!" Pansy shouts as we walk in.

       Basic devil costume, definitely suits her.

                "I bet it's been terribly lame without us." Blaise says sarcastically.

      Theo hands me a drink and I start to scan the room for Mal and Draco. It only takes me a few seconds to find Draco because he's at his usual spot on the sofa. I expect to see Malory out on the dance floor but instead she's leaning up against the back wall, alone.

                      "Is she okay?" I ask Pansy.

       Her shoulders shrug. "Probably just waiting for you."

      I down the rest of the liquor in my cup then head over to Mal, who is dressed like Wednesday Addams. A smile grows big on her face when she sees me.

                    "You're not dancing!" I huff.

        She sighs. "I'm just not feeling it tonight."

      I give her sad eyes but she doesn't budge. It takes me a moment to think of something that might make the night better, but when I glance at Draco for a second time it hits me.

              "I'll be right back."

Blaise's POV

        I notice Aary running over to Malory as soon as we join the party but when I look back only a few seconds, she's gone.

                 "Where'd she go?" I ask Malory when I walk up.