26.

Trigger warning - Mentions of rape/sexual assault. 

Malory's POV

     As big of a deal as O.W.L.s are, they're the last thing on my mind. Every second of free time I get ends up being taken over by death eater meetings and what my father is planning makes it hard to sleep at night. Plus, it's Draco's birthday today and we've been trying to figure out what to do for him this weekend now that we can't throw a party.

     I don't have to worry about getting a terrible grade though so I guess it's not that big of a deal that I'm distracted. I guess I'm just upset because school doesn't really feel like school anymore.

                     "Time is up, put your quills down."

      The entire class sighs in relief and slouches back in their chairs. I only have two more finals to take and this was the one I was most nervous for so I'm glad it's over. Potions isn't even that hard for me but trying to memorize all of those ingredients can be a challenge.

                "How do you think you did?" Aary whispers to me.

                   "Probably better than you." I say sarcastically.

      She elbows my arm and mocks my response. I can see Blaise still frantically finishing the last few answers across the table and subtly slide his paper towards me.

                          "What are you-"

      I put my finger over my lips telling him to be quiet and write down the correct answers, then slide it back. Just as I do so, Professor Snape comes to our table and picks up our tests.

                       "You're a saint." Blaise says quietly.

      Class gets dismissed and we all go our separate ways. Aary and Blaise take different directions but both still manage to end up in the garden together. Draco hurries back to the common room and even though we still aren't on good terms, I have a birthday present for him.

                       "Drac, wait up!" I shout.

     He turns around and rolls his eyes when he realizes it's me. Surprisingly though he decides to wait for me.

            "Did your birthday luck help you on your Potions final?" I ask playfully.

                  He raises an eyebrow at me. "My what?"

                      "Your birthday luck." I repeat.

                "That's not even a real thing." He mutters.

           I roll my eyes and continue to follow him to the common room. When we get there I'm relieved to see that we're the only Slytherins inside.

           "Are you going to keep following me around like a lost puppy?"

        His attitude makes me take a few steps back. "Actually, I wanted to give you your gift."

         As badly as he wants to pretend he doesn't care, I know he does. Draco Malfoy will never decline a present.

                    "Fine," He sighs. "Just make it quick."

         I plan on taking my sweet time but I nod anyway. The gift is sitting right on my bed when I enter my dorm. The bag it's in is black but the tissue paper is emerald green. People will joke about us Slytherin's always sticking to our house colors but don't be fooled; it's not a joke.