31.

Song of the Chapter: The Wisp Sings by Winter Aid

Malory's POV

           "Isn't this what you got mad at me for?!" I want to shout at him.

             Instead I say, "You're right. I shouldn't have pried, I'm sorry."

      When I get upstairs and into Aary's bedroom, her and Blaise are already staring.

                       "Did you hear all of that?" I sigh.

           They both nod slowly.

                      "Is he just going to sit down there?" Aary asks.

      I shrug my shoulders but then hear footsteps storming up the stairs. I rush out into the hall, thinking it's Draco, but am completely disappointed by the three Gryffindors standing in front of me.

            "You've got to be joking!" I huff. "Was the beating not enough for you, Harry?"

      Aary and Blaise come running out after hearing me yell. I see Harry's hands go up as a way of protecting his face.

                       "Oh, Merlin." Aary says under her breath.

        "Aary, I know you hate me and you have every right," Harry says frantically. "But I have nowhere else to go."

          Just as Aary is about to start another fight, she drops her fists.

         Her eyebrows relax and she exhales dramatically. "Fine."

        Ron and Hermione both have places to stay but I know what it's like to want to be near your friends. That's why Blaise is here instead of at his mums. And I think Aary knows that too because if not she'd be scolding them for being here.

             "Thank you." Hermione smiles politely at the three of us.

      I'm not quite sure how it happened but we all managed to end up in the sitting room together. And when I tell you it's awkward, I mean extremely fucking awkward.

      I grabbed the bottle that Draco was drinking out of off the kitchen table before plopping down onto the sofa beside Blaise and Aary. On the sofa right across from us, the three Gryffindors sit. Ron is snacking on the peanuts in the glass bowl on the tea table. Hermione is focused on the books on the wall and Harry is staring down at his feet.

        I pass the bottle of whiskey back and forth between Blaise, Aary, and I for a while until I notice Ron peeking at it. I'm taken by surprise for some reason, I've seen him at parties but I guess I just forgot Gryffindors can have fun too. He is a Weasley though and we all know how much fun his brothers are.

                "Take it." I say while holding the bottle out to him.

       His smile grows big and without any hesitation, he takes the bottle from my grasp and takes a few sips. Hermione shoots him a glare and I roll my eyes.

           "You're welcome to have some as well." I chuckle.

                    "I don't drink." She scoffs.

         Aary and I exchange glances then in sync ask, "Why not?"

        Harry and Ron turn towards her as if they're curious to hear her answer. I see her cheeks turn red with embarrassment.