51.

Trigger warning - Eating disorder.

Blaise's POV

        "Do you think they'll be back soon?" Aary asks me.

                   "Who knows." I respond.

      When she doesn't say anything back I stop what I'm doing and turn to her. She's completely lost in thought, probably imagining the worst possible scenarios for Draco and Malory right now.

         "Hey," I place both hands on her shoulders. "They're okay, Mal used to go to meetings all of the time-"

          Aary cuts me off. "Yeah and she always came back with a bruise or in tears."

       I try to think of something to say but she's not wrong. Her fingers run through her hair and she sighs.

        "How did none of us notice?" She says under her breath, almost like she's asking herself.

                     "I don't know." I say quietly.

     The kitchen gets silent for a moment but I quickly try to change the mood in hopes of saving the day.

           "The oven is heating up, how's the dough looking?"

        Aary doesn't reply.

           "Hello? Are you even listening to me?" I huff.

      Once again, she stays quiet so I pick up the bag of flour on the countertop and dig my hand into it. Before she can stop me I manage to blow the flour into her face, leaving her cheeks and forehead covered.

              "What the fuck!" She shouts at me.

                 "You were ignoring me!"

      I can see her trying to keep a straight face so I do the same but it's nearly impossible.

            She crosses her arms. "Do it again, I dare you."

      Slowly, I place the remaining amount of flour on my hand onto the tip of her nose and her eyebrows scrunch harder. Without hesitation she tries to steal the bag of flour from my grasp. I pick her up in my arms and throw her over my shoulder before she can get revenge.

                  "Let go of me!" She laughs.

         "Will you finish making cookies with me?" I ask.

                  She huffs. "I suppose."

      I set her back down and place a single kiss onto her forehead, then go back to making the dough.

Draco's POV

      Once the meeting ends, Malory and I join each other outside but stay silent in fear of someone hearing. Snape told us to go back to Cokeworth without him and that he'd be home later.

       Malory checks twice to make sure no one is around, then grabs my hand and apparates us back to Spinner's Edge. The second we are there I see her turn to me.

                  "I'm so sorry." She whispers.

      I move in front of her and stare down at the redness on her cheekbone. A single tear falls from her lashes and I use my thumb to wipe it carefully.