4.

Song of the Chapter: Hayloft by Mother Mother

Malory's POV

                          "Aren't you supposed to hangout with Fred tonight?"

                Aary nods her head and I see Blaise starting to snoop.

                              "You're hanging out with him?"

            "That's what he asked the other day, when he whispered in my ear." Aary tells Blaise. His face goes sour.

                   "I still can't believe you're talking to a ginger." Draco scoffs.

                   Blaise adds on. "Not just any ginger, a bloody Weasley!"

                                                 "Quiet." Snape growls.

          Aary completely ignores the boy's comments and continues mixing her potion. It is a bit odd that she's messing around with someone so close with Harry, but I don't mind it. Draco will act like he does but I know deep down he just wants to see her happy. Blaise on the other hand, well...

                     "Has she said anything to you?" He whispers in my ear.

                   I look up from my cauldron slowly. "About what?"

                                                     "You know..."

                     I roll my eyes. "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

         He makes a disgusted face and moves away from me. I finish putting the final ingredients in my Draught of Peace, then raise my hand.

                        "Yes, Miss Roberts?" Snape says while heading to our table.

         I point toward my potion and he stares at it for a long moment.

                                        "Not quite, keep trying."

         My head slams on the table and I groan. I've never had this hard of a time in potions before, I don't know what's changed.

                   "You know, if you need a tutor..." Draco taunts.

                                     I glare at him. "Very funny."

         He raises his eyebrows and waits for me to say something else.

               "Alright alright," I huff. "Only because I have nothing else to do tonight."

        Draco smiles slightly, then subtly drops something into my cauldron. The potion changes from a light grey to turquoise blue.

                                 "You're welcome."

        Eventually everyone finishes their Draught of Peace and class comes to an end. Professor Snape assigns loads of homework like always, which makes me grateful that I said yes to Draco helping me later.

        Snape stops us before exiting the classroom. "I have an announcement before you leave."

        We all groan but only because that usually means an exam is coming up. Fortunately, that's not what he tells us.