13.

Malory's POV

        Today is the last day of term before holiday break. Since I can remember I've spent Christmas with the Malfoys, which is always really nice. I know Draco doesn't enjoy going home much but I'd like to think that when I come along it makes it slightly better.

         Blaise goes to his mums every year and Aary goes to her dads, although I don't know how long that's going to last considering Harry and his friends are going there also.

         We all decided to meet up in the great hall for breakfast before taking the train back home. Nothing's changed, Draco still has his green apple and Blaise has his bacon and eggs. Today I'm trying peaches and cream oatmeal.

       Aary has eggs, toast, and hash browns. Looking at it for a second, it looks like she's actually had a decent amount. But in reality she's just been playing with her food the entire time we've been seated.

                   "What time does the train leave?" Blaise asks Draco.

        Draco pulls his sleeve back and stares down at his watch. "We've got a little less than an hour."

                 Blaise nods while taking a spoonful out of my bowl. "What flavor is this?"

                                 "Peaches and cream." I tell him.

          He makes a gagging face but continues to take scoops every so often. We stay in the great hall for as long as possible but eventually head out to the train station to grab seats. All of our trunks are already on the train when we get there.

                "The first empty compartment I see I'm grabbing." I tell them.

         It takes some pushing and shoving but I manage to find a completely empty compartment in the middle area of the train.

              "Dibs on the window seat!" Aary shouts while entering the compartment.

         I take a seat right beside her and the boys sit across from us. Instantly, I stretch out dramatically and use my jumper as a pillow.

                     "You're already going to nap?" Draco huffs.

          I nod with a smile. "Just wake me up when we get to Wiltshire."

                       *  *  *

                                                "Mal, wake up."

          When I open my eyes I see Draco hovering over me with both of our trunks in his hands. Aary and Blaise are no longer in the compartment, meaning they both got off at the London stop and we're now in Wiltshire.

          I sit upright and look out the window at the pitch black sky. "What time is it?"

                    "Late, we're going to have to be quiet when we go into the house."

           He tries to hold his arm out for me to grab but then remembers the trunk in his hand and sighs. Instead, I take my trunk from him and wait for him to start moving. We exit off of the train and start our journey through the freezing cold.

                "This is going to be a lot more fun when you get a car." I say to Draco.

                                 He chuckles. "Trust me, I know."