Its Snowing

We walked outside and he handed me a huge trench coat while he held Mason Jr.

"down dada" he said and our mouth's fell open. He wanted his father to put him down on the floor.

"You cant fully walk yet lil man".

"But he wants to go down Mason, we'll be right behind him".

"Fine, but if he falls and cries, you're picking him up".

"Okay deal". He placed him down and he fell flat on his butt. He bent down to pick him up but he got up on his own. He stood up and took two baby steps before falling and giggling.

He got up again and made five full steps without stumbling.

"Shit I forgot my phone".

"Here I have mine, record us" . I threw my phone at him and ran over to catch up with lil man. He tried running away from me but I caught him before he fell.

"Come here, im gonna eat you up" I pretended to bite his arms and he laughed hysterically. I placed him down and stood far off from him.

"Come on, come to me, come" I held my hands out and he walked over, leaping into my arms without falling down.

"I Got all of that, My lil mans first steps" he smiled so hard re watching the video. I picked him up spinning him around while Mason sat down on an outside bench watching us run around.

"Wet".

"Huh?".

"Wet" he said pointing up toward the stary night sky. It was snowing.

"Awww its snowing, that means good luck".

"Says who ?" I heard coach behind me.

"My mom, she always said when it snowed that meant Santa and his workers were making their way to us".

"Sanda".

"What?"

"Sanda".

"He's trying to say Santa Jess".

"I know but its cuter when he says it, you sound mean and grumpy".

"Excuse me ?".

"You heard me. You're an old grumpy grinch". He got up and nodded at my words before walking off.

"Hey I was playing". I yelled out as he bent down then turned around with a devious smile.

"Uh Uh Mason stopppp" I turned around to run but he had already thrown a snow ball at me.

"Okay, you wanna play ? Fine".
I bent down to grab a snow ball but he beat me to it. He had two big snowballs in his hands. Picking up Mason Jr I ran around the bench ducking but he got me good on my face and back.

It then dawned on me what Kayla had said yesterday. I couldn't get that word out of my head. 'Fiancé'.

"Is it true ?"

"Is what true ?".

"That You're, you know... engaged".

"Im not even divorced yet, how could I be engaged?".

"I'm only asking because that's what I was told.."

"Let me guess, by Vanessa?"

"No actually by her niece".

"Kayla?".

"Yeah, she said that you guys are engaged". He shook his head and sat down rubbing his face.