So Long, My Friend

4:35 am
"Goodnight sir, our E.R is currently full however a nurse will be with you shortly"

"I dont need a nurse, im a teacher, i heard one of my students were possibly here and injured"

"Oh, the shooting"

"The shooting ?? What shooting ?"

"Crap, Im new at this, I don't think I was suppose to tell you that"

"Percy ! What are you doing ?"

"Um this gentlmen came here to see someone but I think I told him too much. I havent slept in 16 hours Dr Hunt"

"Go home"

"But my shift isnt over until..."

"Percy. Go. Home. Before. I. Fire. You"

"Yes sir"

The guy quickly grabbed his belongings, dropping a few things as he tried taking off.

"Good morning, Im sorry about that, he's an intern, he shouldn't be giving you certain information"

"Understood, but I need to know where the hell is my student"

"Which one would that be ?"

"Anna ... Anna Forbes That is my daughter. Where is she ??"

A petit brunette lady ran next to me with a tall gentlemen following behind. They both looked scared out of their minds and frightened.

"Good morning, may I have you two fill out these sheets over there, Dr Green will be with you shortly"

The Dr instructed them. I watched the woman's hand shake uncontrollably as she took the papers. What the hell happened to these kids tonight ?

"I didn't get your name sir"

"Mason. Mason King"

"I knew you looked familiar, retired NBA player. What can I do for you again?"

I knew I had to lie to him if I wanted to get the information I needed.

"Jessica Jones, my niece she was admitted here"

"Okay, may we have a seat over here" he came around the counter trying to lead me to the waiting room. I looked down at his hand that was on my shoulder and he immediately removed it.

"Is she dead ?" I asked straight up. I needed to know. My eyes stung from trying to keep my tears back, but my heart was uneasy. My chest became tight and it was so hard to breathe.

"Sir, your niece is...."

"Nooooo ! Who killed my baby ?? Where is she ?? Where is my daughter !?" The couple who came in asking for Anna were balling in tears. I watched her fell to the floor and I felt the exact same way but was fighting hard to hold myself together and not act the fool in here.

I looked the doctor in his face and he could see the seriousness in mine.

"IS. SHE. DEAD ?!"

"Sir, Miss Jones is..."

"Mason" as I heard her voice, hot tears drained down my face like a river. Turning around, I saw her standing there covered in blood. My knees buckled, I couldn't move, I lost my balance when I tired taking a step to her, but she caught me.

I embraced her tightly, not wanting to ever let her go. She looked terrible, tired and not to mention covered in blood, it was even in her hair and a smudge on her face. She reeked of vomit but I didn't care. One family was mourning the loss of their baby girl whiles I was embracing the young lady I had fallen in love with.