Racing For Time

As the clock on the wall ticked, Jessica lost faith more and more by the second.

She knew she was alone, she knew nobody besides Devon knew where she was. In that moment she had finally forgiven herself.
If this really was her final moments, she wanted to die happy and free.

With her eyes shut tight, she began to pray. "Dear God, I release myself. I release any anger and hurt Ive felt within these last few months. I forgive myself for Anna. I forgive myself for Chelsea. I forgive myself for Samantha. I forgive myself for Chloe. I forgive myself for hating Mason. I forgive and I let go"

The tears streamed down her face. Her makeup was all dry and caked up. The lashes she wore to prom had irritated her eyes and they were turning pink. She hadn't realized she lost three nails whiles tussling back and forth with Devon.

With her eyes still closed, her mind began to drift. There was a branch that kept knocking on  the window next to the bed. The constant knocking always disrupted her sleep, which felt like insomnia.

She gathered the strength to sit up, carefully and gently placing her feet on the ground to avoid being cut by the broken glass he had sprinkled around the bed.

She tried opening the window but she couldn't, it was bolt shut. Why would he kidnap her but not Place sheets or covers over the windows?  She thought to herself, but them it finally clicked where she really was.

Looking out of the window, streaks of light came through the trees indicating that it was around the afternoon time.

"This is it !" She yelled out.. Devon took her to his cabin in the woods. In Sarah Perkins's diary she described how bushy it was and that there was a nearby lake that they swam in. If there was a lake nearby that meant the pathway back to the road was approximately fourteen minutes at a walking pace and seven by running.

She felt her heart beat increase, punching on the window but it wasn't regular glass it was tempered glass. Meaning it wouldn't break.
She continued striking it until she was out of breath, yet still nothing happened .
she looked around the room for a pin or something sharp to pick the lock.
She tried using her nails but they were too thick. She attempted to use the back piece of her earring but it was too short.

Looking around the room for anything, she looked down and realized she could simply use a piece of broken glass.

Most pieces were shattered because he intentionally broke it that way, but some were still skinny and long.
She found a decent size one, playing around with it and twisting the knob.
After a few seconds she finally heard a click. The door had unlocked. She couldn't move, she didnt believe that she actually had gotten the door open.

Fear once again strike through her body, she didn't know exactly where she was or how long it would take for Devon to come back. All she knew was that she needed to get out.

She used the same piece of glass like a knife and started cutting the tail of her dress. If she was going to make a run for it, she didn't need to be falling down in the process it of.

She was cutting so fast, her grip on the glass was too tight, as she cut through the dress, she was slicing her hand also. She didn't feel any pain, her adrenaline was through the roof.

'Got it' she threw the bottom half of the dress on the floor and stepped outside of the room he kept her in.

The cabin was ran down and filthy. The dirty dishes in the sink had roaches all over them. The light in the dining room area kept twitching, the dust and spider webs basically took over the place.

There was a blow up mattress on the floor and a folder opened next to it.
The first picture was Mason with an X over his face. She bent down, picking it up and looking through it. It was pictures of her playing ball, her babysitting Mason Jr, her sleeping in Masons bed, and multiple pictures of them having intimate moments.