The Funeral

"Jess what happen ? where you going ?

"I wanna go home Chloe"

"But I was just about to meet Kevin Durant"

"First of all he has a bald spot. Second of all nobody here is in your league or wants to date a ex stripper with baby daddy issues. Thirdly.."

"See thats your problem, you never know what to say. Always taking your anger out on people"

"Im so..."

"Yeah you're sorry. I know. You're always sorry"

"I didnt.."

"Yeah you didnt meant it. Whatever, lets go"

I didn't mean to come off as a bitch but Mason had my blood boiling and I took it out on the first person that crossed my line of fire.

Heading to the front door Ms Babu stopped us, handing each of us a waffle cone with cookies and cream ice cream.

Smiling, I gracefully bowed my head thanking her.

"Hey you, yeah you, Babu"

Ms Babu rolled her eyes before turning around. Only to be greeted by Ms Jackson who wore a neck brace and was walking on crutches.

"Yes Ms Jackson ?"

"I want a hot cup of tea delivered to my room ASAP"

She barked her orders at her. Was she staying here ? I hadn't seen her all day until now. Why was she even here ? Her and Mason broke up on the Senior retreat, but she always found a way to weasel her ass back around.

"What is she doing here ?"

"She had a terrible accident the other night. You know how your boss can get soft, so he invited her to stay here until she recovers. Shes a pain in the ass"

I chuckled, Ms Babu never cussed, shes a decent Christian lady, but its obvious Ms Jackson was being a bitch.

"Oh hi Jessica"

She knew nobody called me that. Shit she never called me that either.

Looking up to acknowledge her, giving her a witty smile, I prayed someones child came running and knocked her over.

"Hello Ms Jackson"

"How have you been ?"

"Good. Im about to leave, it was nice seeing you"

Just then Mason came downstairs, they made eye contact and her smile was as wide as her flat ass.

Were they dating again ? Mason was so confusing, but I had my mind set straight. Break up with Cory before prom. Squash this tension with Dayna. Work in the restaurant to save up some funds for college supplies. Hang out more with Anna and Chelsea before Senior year ends. Talk to Jamison with mom and Chloe. Keep my GPA up and freaking graduate. Thats it, thats the goal.

                                        *****

Sunday Morning

The apartment was quiet this morning. Liam's dad came for him late after hours last night like he always did.
And like always, I could hear them bickering back and forth about him never being on time and always dropping him off earlier than he should.

He recently got engaged and only seems to find his Fiancé and her kids important. Yeah you heard me. Her kids, not his. Sis has two boys and he treats them better than his own flesh and blood. Takes them on family vacations, dinners, theme park dates and he post everything on social media, yet the only time he post his son is on his birthday.