Everything's Falling Apart

By the time i rolled over, it was basically dark outside. The tea and soup besides me were cold. How long was i sleep for?

Tapping around the bed, i felt my phone. It was 7:35pm and i had eight miscalls from Cory, a few text messages from Bianca, my mom and Chelsea both had called, but i got nothing from Mason. He said he would've came home once he was done with court.

I couldn't bring myself to open my messages on social media. There were too many Rest In Peace statuses going around. I needed to go to the hospital to spend whatever time I had to left with Anna before they pulled the plug.

I didn't have any clothes here so I called Chloe to bring me some seeing that She got off from work already. I tried calling Mason but his phone kept going straight to voicemail.

I took the cold tea and soup downstairs to throw away and wash them up. Ms Babu had started dinner, the aroma in the kitchen was delightful. Curried chicken and white rice with sweet corn.

"You didn't eat your soup"

"I know, I fell asleep. I was tired"

"That's okay, are you hungry?"

"I am but I don't have an appetite right now"

"I know sweetheart but you have to eat something. Between the two of you I don't know who's more stressed out"

"The two of who?"

"Mr King has been in his office with his lawyer for almost eight hours now. He hasn't been out since Child Care services came over and took Mason jr."

"Wait What? Why?"

"I don't think the divorce is going well"

No wonder he didn't come up to be with me. He's been having a shitty day as well.

"I'll be back right". I tiptoed over to his office, placing my ear to the door trying to hear them.

They bickered back and forth, I couldnt fully make out what they were saying so I knocked, waiting for him to let me in.

"Its open"

"Goodnight" i entered the room and his lawyer gave him a strange look.

"Really ? Shes staying here ? Do you want Hannah to win this thing ?"

"Her and her friends were attacked last night, I couldn't just leave her"

"Doesn't she have family ?" He asked

"Yes but..."

"Nope. No buts. She has to go" he said as if I wasnt standing right here. "If she stays, Hannah will win once they find out shes staying here, or whatever it is that you two are doing"

"Im right here you know"

"Which I am very aware of. I would greet you but your not wearing any pants" he pointed out and I felt embarrassed.

"Cisco.."

"Listen, I know what Hannah said in that court room was bullshit. I know you wouldn't rape or bother with an underaged student. You're not that dumb, you have too much to lose. And this murder thing shes trying to throw on you is just as foolish"

"Rape???"

"Relax Jess"

"Who said you raped me?"

"Hannah did" I could see a look of worry on his face.

"Why would she say that?"

"Because She wants full custody"