Two Men, Two Futures

~48 Hours Before~

Mason looked around the court room, but Jessica was nowhere to be found. However her mother was there and she had a look of worry as she clutched onto her purse.

"Where is Jessica?" He asked Ms Baker.

"I don't know, she called me then hung up lastnight"

"Why would she do that?"

"I don't know, it literally rang once and hung up, but you're worrying about the wrong things"

"How is worrying about her the wrong thing?"

"I Might have found new evidence to clear your name"

"What ? When ?"

"God must really love you because someone dropped something off to my office. A flash drive, my co worker says whatever is on it will definitely get you out of these handcuffs and a free man"

"What is on it?"

"He said he could show us better than he could tell us. Only thing is It doesn't incriminate Devon but it does incriminate someone else and I'm sure once we play whatever is on it in here, someone will begin to talk"

"All rise, the Honorable Judge Thompson Presiding"

Everyone stood up, the court room was over flowing with press, news outlets, civilians who fought their way in. Ms Jackson and Cisco sat a few benches behind the prosecutor's table. Even Anna's parents came and You must know that wasn't easy. Seeing your child's alleged killer. However they was so distraught the night of the accident they hadn't even realized Mason was there also. Had they even gotten a glimpse of him that night at the hospital, they could've been his alibi, but they were too busy grieving.

"Good Morning, The City of Chicago Vs Mason King. Today is our final hearing, all closing arguments will be heard and the defendant will have a chance to speak if he insists. Our grand jury of twelve will be given an hour in the chambers for their verdict. Mr Fletcher, you may begin"

"Good morning" the gentleman stood up straightening his suit, walking to the middle of the courtroom. He pulled out gruesome bloody pictures from the shooting and displayed it for everyone to see. "Do you see this ?" He asked the courtroom. "This evil, vicious, vile creature should not be allowed back into our society. He is a threat to our community, our families, his family. What kind of human being would barge into a bar, take out their gun and POW" he held his hand in the shape of a gun.

"Don't listen to him, he wants to get a reaction out of you. The minute you have an outburst in here, they're gonna say you're out of control" Ms Baker whispered to him and she was right. No matter what this man was saying to get under his skin, Mason had to suppress whatever emotions he had and control them.

"How can you kill one of your own?" The prosecutor said, he was playing the race card. Everyone and they mama knew that the police brutality rate was at its highest now. Gangs are growing, murder rates are spiking and he's throwing Mason right into the category with all of them.

"Not to mention the drugs found at his home. No wonder he has profited and benefited so much financially, he's a drug a dealer. How can you be so silly to leave the evidence at your home ? Did you think we wouldn't search it? You are guilty as charged, you are a gangster and possibly a gang leader with your own group of thugs! Am I wrong Mr King ? Are you a Kingpin because you do know there's another charge for that right ? You will never see the light of day again outside of this court room!"

This man was being harsh and cold towards Mason, he didn't care how bad he painted him out to be. He just wanted to win his case and throw Mason in prison. Innocent or not.