Somebody that I use to know

"Did you get the blood bank ?"

"Yes sir. They're bringing it up now"

"Go !"

"Pardon ?"

"Go and get it !"

"But they're bringing it up Dr Hunt"

"I saiddd goooo ! Run ! We need that blood now!"

"Yes sir". He ran off, I could hear the O.R door close shut once he had left.

"The other girl, is her family here yet ?" I heard him ask the other doctor.

"Grey paged me about ten minutes ago, they're here"

"Whose gonna brief them ?"

"I'm suppose to, but we've already lost one kid, I'm not leaving until we save this one" for some reason I could feel her eyes on my body, stroking my arm.

"And what about the guy that got shot ?"

"He's in the ICU, he's critical, we'll have to see if he makes it through the night"

"Here ! I got it !" The intern burst back into the room with bags of O+ blood.

"Dr Hunt, we wont have much time, her heart keeps stopping, its weak, once I remove this bullet, in here is going to look like a blood bath"

"Okay. Once she takes it out, put it in that yellow package for forensics, hopefully they can trace the gun back to whoever did this" He said.

"Lets get to work, it's a beautiful day to save lives".

                                        *****
1 hour before
JESS'S POV
*****
I watched people run out screaming, pushing one another over. Every was in a panic.

"Do you see them ?" Taya asked, looking around waiting for the others with me.

"No ! They may still be inside !"

"Im going in" she took off running, pushing against the crowd that was trying to get out and I was right behind her.

"CHELSEA ! TARIQ ! ANNA!" I screamed their names to the top of my lungs.

"Where the fuck are they"

"I dont know but..." Once I had turned around and seen Tariq holding Anna in his hands with blood all over his clothes I felt sick.

The vomit gushed from my mouth and nose. He held her with tears streaming down his face. Taya's screams echoed through out the building.

"Where is Chelsea ?!?" She asked.

Tariq couldn't open his mouth so he shook his head. Avoiding eye contact with us.

"Tariqqqq" I cried out. I couldn't bear the sight of my friend whose eyes were rolling behind her head and blood draining from her eyes and mouth.

"He.. he... he did it" he said

"Who did thissss ?!?!"

"I shot him... He fucking shot them so I shot back !" He finally yelled out before breaking down.

"Chelsea ??!!" I ran around screaming her name.

"Shes in there" he nodded his head to an open door that led to the back.

I opened the door to be greeted by a wheezing, bloody Chelsea on the floor. Her eyes were open but her body was gasping for air. I fell on top of her, holding her in my arms rocking back and forth. Her blood stained my clothes but I didnt care. My bestfriend was bleeding out in my arms and I didnt know the first thing to do because my mind went blank.