Snake In The Garden

"What ?? What the hell are you saying Ryan !"
Cory asked with a shakey voice.

I swallowed my spit trying to digest what Ryan was saying. It was obvious what he meant, but it was a hard pill to swallow. This was a blow we didn't see coming. The last news we got was that their mother was stable, so when did she take a turn for the worse ?

I couldn't break up with him now. He will need me now more than ever, this secret was something I may have to just take to my grave.

Cory and the guys picked Ryan up placing him on Chelseas bad. He mourned like a baby. It was hard hearing him scream from his stomach crying out "momma nooo, pleaseee". Eventually the guys started tearing up and the girls were sobbing.

Cory was trying his best to contain himself but immediately ran outside to the balcony. I ran out behind him scared of what he might do.

"Cory.. Im so .."

I stopped once I realized he was slumped over vomiting. I had no words that could possibly heal this wound.

To lose your mother, your final year of high school, knowing she wont see you walk across that stage at graduation. Knowing she wont ever see you get married or get to play with her grand kids. Knowing that you'll never experience your mothers love again. This was all I needed to confirm that once I got back home I needed to speak to my mother. I don't care how fucked Up our relationship was, I still needed my mother. I loved her, even if I had to do it from a distance. She just had poor choice in men and wanted to feel loved.

I got some towels from the bathroom to help clean Cory up, he looked so weak and out of it.

"Cory.. Im here". He grabbed my hand pulling me closer to him. His breath reeked of vomit but now wasn't the time to discriminate him.

"Please.. dont leave me Jessica.."

"I wont Cory.. I wont". Kissing his forehead he dug his face into my chest letting out tiny whimpers. Holding onto me tight.

I didn't know what this meant for us, but I care for him and I will be here if he needed me. Always.

****
Leaving Day 6:30 a.m

MASONS POV

Vanessa informed us of the passing of Mrs. Brown, Cory and Ryans mother last night. She was apart of the PTA committee and a very active parent to her sons. Her husband and I went to school years back playing ball together, but eventually he stopped and joined the track team. No wonder his son Cory was so good at it.

It then dawned on me that Cory is Jessica's boyfriend. I didn't have an issue with him, he was a good kid, but I knew this would make her want him even more. Jess pretends to be tough but I could see straight through her, she has a-lot on her plate, she doesn't need the burden of a teenage boy who just lost his mother on her shoulders. I also needed to get her a Plan B fast. Other than Hannah, Jessica is the only female I had trouble pulling out of. Its not that I didn't want too, but I couldn't. She was like a vacuum sucking me in. I fought hard to not release myself in her but it happened and I needed to fix that.

I found it oddly weird that after informing us of the news, Vanessa didn't try and get with me. She just up and left without saying a word. Im guessing it finally got through her thick skull that I didn't want anything to do with her. Not that I was complaining but she was a bit off.

I had just gotten done packing me and lil mans clothes.
When we got back home he would be spending the weekend with his mother. I disliked her conniving ass, but I couldn't withheld our son from her either.