I scream for Icecream

After embarrassing the guys, the judges came down to interview each of us individually.

"Are you nervous ?" Samantha came up behind me.

"For what ?"

"The interview, like how does one prepare for the questions ?"

"How am I suppose to know?"

"Do you have an idea of like what they'll ask us ?"

"Sam how the fuck would I know ? Im just as lost as you are"

"Sorry.. im just trying to you know.. be nice"

"Well try elsewhere. You're killing my mood"

"Ugh whatever" she scoffed and moved to another row of seats further down.

"You two clearly have history" Taya said and I nodded.

"Her sister is the reason I'm even playing basketball honestly. One day after gym my mom forgot me at school and I waited around for someone to get me. She saw me and started playing with me. I never knew I was even good at it until then. She saw something in me that I had never even seen in myself"

"Damn thats nice. I was always good at sports, but basketball was the only thing I had a drive for. Swimming was okay but Im natural so my hair and water don't do well. Then I did track and field but baby girl I had to buy coco butter every day, my skin was turning crispy as hell. But basketball" she paused smiling. "Basketball is my baby, i'll do anything for it"

I smiled at the way she spoke so passionately about it. When you love something you really put your best foot forward and work hard at it to prefect it. Thats exactly what Taya and I were doing. Perfecting our craft to the best of our ability.

"Okay next up Taya Mitchell"

"You're gonna do great" I told her as she got up to enter the room for her interview. I knew she would kill it.
                                          *****

15 minutes later

"Okay up next Jessica Jones". Taya hadnt came back out of the room yet which was a good sign. The longer you stayed in the there, the greater your chances were at wooing the judges.

"Hello Jessica, nice seeing you again" Mr Tyson greeted me.

"Thankyou sir"

"Okay lets us begin" he cleared his throat. "So how long have you been playing basketball ?"

"Umm I would say about five years now"

"Hmm.. seems long enough" he paused jotting something down on a note pad.

"Who is an inspiration to you and why ?"

"Retired basketball player Mason King from the Golden State Warriors. He's an inspiration for me. Seeing that he grew up in my hometown. Now that I think about it, he lived about twenty blocks away from my neighborhood yet he's so successful and a well rounded respected family man. He not only inspires me, but the youth as well. The way he gives back, does charity work for disabled kids and never forgot where he came from. He opened the door for many like myself, he's the reason most kids want to play sports and pursue it as an actual career"

"So why didnt he sponsor you to come here to The All Stars Competition ?"

"Excuse me ?" His comment took me by surprise.

"If he's such an inspiration and good person like you say he is. Why didn't he sponsor you ? I mean he does teaches at your school doesn't he ?"