Lying Bastard

Entering pops, we sat at our favorite booth in the corner by the window. Coach said that the pizza bill was on him. So we ordered a large meat lovers and paid for our milkshakes. The night was full of laughter and gossip about Raydale's new team.

Coach got up walking over to Sam's table and i knew he was about to pull her aside about bumping me on the court today. I avoided eye contact with either of them but i so badly wanted to know what they were talking about. In my peripheral vision i could see her break down and he embraced her so now i was confused. Like girl what you crying for ? You bumped me.

After about 5 minutes they came back in and she came up to our table apologizing. I was weirded out by her sudden change of heart, plus she didn't seemed genuinely sorry or sincere. I read through her bullshit ass apology so I decided to not apologize for bringing up her sister, although it was cold and mean. We did a fake hand shake and let it go, or so I thought.
************

"So you and Sam good now? Chelsea asked on the drive back home. "I mean... we gotta be cordial seeing that we're on the same team, but I dont trust her anymore, that friendship is dead to me".

"Period as you should sis ! The way she spoke to you was unacceptable, she lucky I was too tired to cuss her ass out"...

"Girl you just wanted a reason to cuss somebody out", "yeah you right" she said and we busted out laughing.

"Do you think what she said was true ? About me being coaches favorite?" I asked.

"Girl you always been coaches favorite, he just tries to not show it", I was stunned by her answer.

"Wait, are you serious ?" I asked to be clear on what she just said.

"Jess, you've always been better at any sport than we are, you always show up for practice and put more effort than anyone, so who cares if you're coaches favorite ? You worked hard for it and you deserve it point blank period" she said pulling up to my house.

"I never even noticed honestly".. "thats because you're such a humble person that when he be gassing you up you don't even notice, thats why I love you girl" she said and I hugged her before heading inside.

"Jess, I don't like him, he's super weird and always smiles at me funny". I was now in the shower and Maddison sat on the toilet giving me 100 reasons as to why she hated Steve.

He's been around for a few days and was already outwearing his welcome. He went from staying over late at night, to sleeping in the living room to now sleeping in our moms room. She always moved fast with these weird guys and that wasn't cool.

She barely even knows this man and have him up in here shitting and laying his head where her kids live. Not to mention she has 'daughters'. I just wish she was more concerned about the kind of men she brought around here. Rinsing off,  I turned off the water and wrapped my towel around me, meanwhile Maddison still rambled on following me to my bedroom.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ?!" I screamed opening my room door to find Steve in his underwear snooping around my stuff. "Oh hey kiddo, I was wondering if you had any money". He smiled weirdly at me.

"GET THE FUCK OUT ! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ?!" I shouted. He placed his hands up in a surrender motion but it was hard to avoid his boner.

I covered Maddison's eyes as he walked out. "Im definitely telling mom about this ! He's one sick mother fucker", I mumbled so Maddi wouldnt hear me cussing.

"He always does that, walk around with something sticking out in his underwear" she said and I was livid. I put on my PJ's pulling Maddi closer to finally have 'the talk' with her.

"Maddi, look you're growing up now, one day sooner or later you're going to start seeing your period".
"Like what you and Chelsea be saying all the time when you guys stick out your tongue like this", she said sticking out her tongue saying 'period'. I laughed at her innocence, I wish I didnt have to have this talk with her, but I knew my mother wouldnt do it.

"No maddi, not like that, a period is something you see every month, its when you bleed".
"Oh my gosh Im gonna bleed blood ? What if I bleed too much and die out ?" She asked.

"No no no... you're not gonna bleed out Maddi, its completely normal for that to happen, thats why you wear a pad like this". I got up pulling out a maxi pad. "Oooh cool, you, mom and Chloe wear those", she said and I nodded.

"Yeah we do, and if you allow boys to touch you in places like your boobs, butt or private parts you'll get pregnant", I said exaggerating the truth.

"But I dont wanna get pregnant Jess, im too young" she said and I wanted to cry cause so many girls her age are exposed to sex and prostitution, so if I had to over extend the truth to protect my sister I will.
"Well to avoid getting pregnant dont allow any man or anybody to touch you on those areas okay, and if you tell a guy NO and he still tries to touch you, you run and get help and you tell me, mom or Chloe okay". She nodded but I told her to repeat it back to me loud and clear.

"Okay, nobody is allowed to touch my body, and If anyone touches me on here, here or here I will tell you, mom or Chloe right away" she said and I smiled nodding. "Okay go finish up your homework and go to bed okay". "Okay Jess".

I stayed up until my mom got home, I had to let her know what this mother fucker was doing up in here.

It was 11:35 pm when she got in from work, she look tired but this conversation couldn't wait. "Momma" I approached her and she looked in my direction acknowledging me. "We gotta talk", "what did the twins do now?",

"no it isn't them, its Steve, he gotta go", she sucked her teeth shooing me off. "He called me about a hour ago saying that you wouldve had something to ramble on about, something about you owing him money". I furrowed my eyebrows at her nonchalantness, was she being serious ?

"Of course he would come to you first to try and make himself look good!"

"Make himself look good about what Jess ? He brought you guys food and you promised to pay him back, you owed him money not me" she said sitting down kicking off her heels.

"Mom he offered to buy us food, he got us McDonalds that was it, I never promised him anything back" I semi-yelled.

"So you're calling him a liar ?"  She asked twisting her neck rudely.

"Yes I am ! I caught that man in his boxers snooping around my room ! Then when he got up he had a boner ! I had to cover Maddi's eyes from his perverted ass!"  I said getting furious.

"Jessica Noella Jones that is a bold face lie, he told me you owed him money for the McDonalds and that you said come to the room for the money, when he entered the room your fast ass was in your towel naked !" She got up yelling in my face.

I was speechless and appalled by that bold face lie he told her and by the fact that she honestly believed him. "Ive seen the way you look at him, do you wanna sleep with your mothers own boyfriend ?" She said stepping in my face.

"You are sick and you need help" I said walking off slamming my room door. I let out a loud scream as the hot tears rolled down my face. I was furious, how could my mother believe a man, a fucking stranger over her own flesh blood, her own daughter.

I pulled out my headphones and laid down pulling the covers of my head to mask my cries. Its times like this I wish I knew my father so I could leave and go to his house when things got heated over here, but I had nobody, nowhere to go, nowhere to run too.