Prom Night✨

~Dayna's POV~
                       *****************

"My baby, you look so beautiful"

"Momma, what I tell you about calling me that, Im a young adult you know"

"Be quiet and turn around" she said, using the lint roller to take off any white particles off of my black dress.

"So where is this Cory guy you always speak of?" My dad asked, sitting in his lounge chair.

"He's coming dad, relax"

"Theres a limo pulling up in the drive way" My brother Dominic sat by the window looking outside.

"A limo ?" I asked scrunching up my face. As I opened my front door, Cory could be seen stepping out, grabbing a bouquet of roses. He looked so nice in his suite, he got a fresh shapeup as well.

I opened the door before he could knock. I watched his mouth drop open at the sight of me. My dad pushed me to the side and stepped in front of me.

"Good.. um Goodnight Mr Richardson" he said

"Goodnight Mr Cory, nice flowers, who're they for?"

"Um.. they're for your daughter sir"

"Her favorite flowers are Marigolds"

"Oh, I didn't know sir"

"Plus shes allergic to Roses, so you better throw those away"

I completely forgot to tell him that I was allergic to Roses. I didn't even know that he would buy me flowers.

"Oh, I didn't know sir. Im sorry" he looked so embarrassed.

"You seem to not know a lot about my daughter. Why should I trust you to take her to prom?" My dad was interrogating him.

"Yeah why should you take my sister out mister?" My brother Dominic stood up, he's only thirteen and five foot two. He's short as hell and recently started going through puberty.

"Stop scaring him" my mom finally stepped in. "You two go out there and have fun okay"

"Yeah, not too much fun. I have two guns and I know how to use them"

"Okayyyy dad"

"I love you. Keep my babygirl safe Mr Cory"

"Yes sir I will". He held his hand out for me.

"Bye guys" I waved to them and my mom shut the door.

"Im sorry about that" I apologized for my dad and brothers behavior.

"Its fine, I got you. Ryans inside waiting on us"

"Oh, we're riding together?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"No its not I just wanted to talk to you"

"About ?"

"Nothing"

"Dayna"

"I.. I just.. I like you" I finally told him and I sat down on my porch, It felt good to finally tell him, but I was now scared for our friendship.

"I know"

"You do ?"

"Yeah cause I kinda like you too" he said and I blushed.

"So.. now what ?"

"Well.. Im single"

"But Jessica"