Guard that Bitch

"And after fourty-years on the court, I hung up my Jersey retiring number 31". Mr Tyson was telling us of his boring ass legacy story. We weren't even born yet when he played in the NBA. Plus he wasn't no Michael Jordan.

"How much more of this do we have to endure ?" Taya groaned in annoyance rubbing her temples.

"He sounds like he's wrapping up now"

"Girl He sounded like that half an hour ago, yet here he is still talking"

"The End" some guy shouted from the back and everyone busted out laughing.

"Who said that ?" He asked. The room went silent. He was literally talking for two hours. Half of the room was sleep and others like myself and Taya were paying little to no attention. Yesterday we only focused on warm ups and stretching, I was ready to show off what I had to these people. Enough playing around.

"Well Thank you for that amazing encouraging story Mr Tyson" coach Devon went up to the podium pulling to mic away.

"I need everyone, males and females on the court in five minutes" he instructed us and we left the room.

However he stayed back with Mr Grant, Tyson & Percy Jackson who joined them as if they were having a private meeting.

                                               *****

"You're good at two pointers and layups, but your three point skills are wack"

"Excuse me ?"

"You're definitely not winning All Stars"

"Hey, leave her alone" I caught wind of some wimpy ass boy bullying a girl. "Come play with someone who can kick your ass"

"Oh word ?" He said trying to sound all tough

"Throw the ball punk" I told him and the court was filled with 'oooouuuu's' and giggles. He got upset throwing the ball really high above my head but Taya caught it.

"Im tired of these lil boys around here trying to bully us females" Taya said.

"Then do something bout it"

The guys were feeling cocky and challenged us to a game of 21. Five of them versus five of us.

"You wanna beat some male testosterone ass ?" Taya asked and I gave her my devilish smile. This was about to be a piece of cake. They had height over us, but we had the speed, adrenalin and skills.

These boys wernt competition at all besides Brandon. He played for North Chicago Senior High School, the second best in the state.

"Jess" Taya called out pointing to a guy with no Defense who was open

I quickly ran over guarding him.

"Yo block that bitch" the captain of the guys team said meaning someone needed to guard Taya because she was open.

"Who you calling a bitch ? Bitch."

"I didn't mean it like that"

"Uh Huh. Im sure you did" she said before throwing the ball to me while he was distracted and I scored the layup ending the game and we won, beating them by seven.

"Now guard that. Bitch" i told him sticking up my middle finger"

DEVONS POV

After a short but quick meeting, the judges and I went out to the arena where we sent everyone.

"What the hell are they doing ?" Tyson asked.

"I think their playing against one another"

"Her, right there in the yellow, shes fast on her feet and vigilant. I like her" Percy said.

"Yeah you're right, me too, but her, over there in the red, shes a great shooter, her aiming is on point"

"Hmm.. imagine pairing those two together" Tyson intervened.

He was right though. Taya and Jessica together would be a dynamic duo. But I was really hoping they noticed Samantha. Ive been training hard working my ass off with her but that girl was good for nothing. I didn't even pay for her to enter the competition, she thinks I'm sponsoring her like I am with Jessica and Taya but I have other plans for her.

She was a great investment, not mention beautiful as hell. I never really noticed her until that night we went to 'Cheetah's'. My attention is mainly on the girls swimming team, basketball is more of Hannah and Masons thing. But Damn, Jessica was something else.

I wasn't even going to bring her at first, but after seeing how Mason acted about her, I knew I had to get my hands on her first. He always got everything. The girls, the money, the jobs, the investments and opportunities. Everything !

Im tired only being known as 'Mason King's bestfriend'. I am more than a right hand or someones shadow. From college, to the league, to the job Mason always shine and out did me. After tearing my achilles, I had to take an early retirement which left him on the court for an extra fives years than me. Within those fives years he won three championship rings, started businesses, got investments deals and was offered to coach The Warriors part time, alongside coaching at the school. Meanwhile i didnt get shit. The league dropped me and forgot about me. Not to mention he had a kid and a wife. Well not really a wife.

That woman was so dumb believing me when I told her Mason was cheating. I didn't even need proof. She just went by word of mouth. I was her shoulder to cry and eventually became a dick to ride on.

I placed a tiny bug in her ear that Mason was opening up businesses behind her back so she went and did the same. He made my job a lot easier when he asked me to fool around with her to have proof for their divorce. I was already fucking her behind his back so doing it with him knowing wasn't a problem for me.

In college Mason used to fuck anything that walked. Nobody was off limits. However Diana was. At least thats what I thought. I mean I wasn't the best boyfriend but Diana meant everything to me. Before Mason met Hannah he use to throw wild parties in our dorm, meanwhile I would be at the gym practicing, trying to be better than him.

One night the gym was closed due to no running water so I decided to go to the party. I expected to go home, shower and have a few with the boys, but instead what I got was a full on HD view of my girl bent over with Mason and two other girls.

Crazy part was Diana popped up two weeks later claiming to be pregnant, but it was impossible to know by who seeing that me and her fooled around the same she decided to fuck my homie.

But years later, I know for a fact that the baby wasn't mine, it was his.
I found out a few years back that my soldiers don't march, meaning I could never biologically have kids of my own.

Remembering everything that he put me through, I grabbed onto the railing tightly squeezing it not realizing I almost peeled my skin.

Steering down on the court, I know she meant a lot to him. He's taken so much from me so I was about to start taking shit from him. Starting with her.