Chapter 97

Lucci's P.O.V
Lucci was doing some paper work that he needed to catch up on when he heard that Garp was there and he walked down to the meeting room and saw Garp looking out the window towards the sea worried. "How may I help Garp?"

Garp looked back when Lucci entered and he sighed softly. "Word just came to me that StrawHats, Kidd Pirates, Heart Pirates and they have some samurai with them along with looking for former member of the WhiteBeard pirates Marco the Phoenix."

Lucci froze as he frowned. "Why didn't they take their fleet with them? They would have had the man power that they required."

Garp frowned. "That's not their style; yeah they have a fleet now but they won't drag them into these kind of problems they don't like exposing others to their problems. I think the group their going in with already know what to expect; the reason I believe that they reached out to Marco is because he swore to also protect Luffy in Ace's place, he's also met Luna on the day of Marine Ford. StrawHats are more or less the muscle to move them all forward to defeat Kaido and Big Mama who is also hunting them for her defeat and what they did on her island."

Lucci chuckled. "Yeah Luna said that they used her haki to save Germa 66; who knew that they would do that."

"That's who they are...their Sanji's family and when he went to save his family...well his nakama helped out; I worked into Luna, Luffy, Ace and Sabo that family is everything even if they aren't blood family. They live/d strongly by those ways." Garp looked to Lucci who was listening closely.

"May I ask how did you come to have Ace and Luffy in your care?" Lucci walked over where he was leaning against another wall watching the older male.

Garp sighed thinking back. "I chased Gold D Roger all over the sea's when he was in prisoned before his execution he told me he had a son and where the child and woman were. I found out when I got there that Rouge passed away so I took Ace and a friend helped to raise him, Luffy is my blood grandson Dragon asked me to protect him and raise him I tried to raise him to be a marine well I tried with all of them but as you can see their spirits were free and they wanted to choose their own paths. Can't say I didn't guess it was coming; when they were all seventeen they left the island well except for Sabo... their brother Sabo as I'm sure you now know was hurt and his memory forgotten; Dragon saved him and he remembered when he saw Ace was dead in the paper two years ago. You think Luna is calm but Sabo is much calmer; Luna and Sabo were always a calm duo after awhile. When Luffy, Ace and Luna learnt where Sabo came from they didn't care...cause Sabo had dreams like them."

Lucci sighed softly. "Dreams to be as free as they want to be. I admire the way Luna is...it's why my crew watches her mostly Jabra though since he's not apart of us anymore but; he'll do whatever she needs him to do. And since we're on the topic of Luna I want to do right by not just her but by you as well your her family and a gem to you and her brothers...may I have her hand in marriage?"

Garp smiled he knew that Luna and Lucci worked well they may not always be together but they made it work. "You have my permission...but it's her brothers and nakama that will also need to give their blessings. Tell me if a time ever came where she couldn't come around..."

"Then I'll find her; I trust her she knows she can do as she pleases. And if our government ever dared to threaten her life then I promise...I would do everything to keep her safe her life is more precious then mine could ever be.  I would give my own life to make sure that Luna survives...before I found her all those years ago life meant nothing to me; but now that I have her in my life...it means everything cause of her. Whatever she wants to do then so be it so long as she's happy and free I would never ask her to stop being a pirate." Lucci spoke seriously and he saw Garp go from surprised to laughing.

"I was wondering when you would start standing up for yourself; Luna loves you. I know she has forgiven the past and just her thinking or talking about you makes this happiness show in her eye that I haven't seen since she first joined our little family. You have been there for her and and have never once said a thing against what she is, what she does or those she surrounds herself with. Your good for her Lucci; she's been helping you heal from your own past and you have also helped her heal from all sorts of pain over the years. I know that you have been trained to be a killer for the world government but she was trained that way as well; your two people who have had hard pasts and now that your mates your healing and she's helped to challenge the world government..."

Lucci spoke up as he ended up cutting off Garp. "Your right her and her nakama have challenged the world government but I know their right; it's time that something finally gave and when the time comes myself and my group will also back them up. The StrawHats have so many allies in royalty, marines, government, Pirates all sorts of people. Luffy has one by one turned these people onto their side and with his crew as well as Luna their showing the world it's time to make a ruckus and their making alliances all over; their now allied with not only the Heart Pirates but the Kidd pirates as well and that alone is scary."

"Well your not wrong Lucci it is scary; at first I thought that their crew wouldn't go far in being pirates but Luffy and Luna...how they described making their crew it wasn't always asking sometimes it was a forced shove that the people needed. Some were bound to die, some never trying anything new, or were in prisoned...they reached out a helping hand and brought those people into their crew and became very protective of all of them." Garp sighed as he to leaned against a wall.

Lucci smiled softly as he nodded his head agreeing with what Garp said and he heard a giggle mentally and smiled. "Ah Luna was listening; she's gotten good at listening in on conversations once in awhile."

"You probably do the same once in awhile just to make sure that she's safe; the only thing I ask is to keep my granddaughter safe and happy." Garp moved to leave and he stopped at the door and looked back to Lucci seriously.

Lucci looked to Garp seriously as well. "I will; I'll always make sure that she's safe and happy and thank you for your blessing."