Chapter 20

Luna's P.O.V
The main fighting seem to have froze as we all took notice of Mihawk's appearance not only that but he had slashed Don Krieg's ship in half like it was a piece of paper. To see a stronger and respected pirate so close I had to admit even I was on edge as I quickly took the time to check on everyone around me and I noticed that indeed Nami was gone with our ship and it ticked me off but we would go look for her once we were done here.

I noticed that Zoro was tense and I spoke to him softly as I saw him shaking in anticipation of a fight. "Zoro; please don't your not fully healed yet, your still healing from our previous battles."

Zoro looked to me and he was serious. "He's the man I want to defeat; if I ever hope to become the strongest swordsman then I need to truly see how strong he is. Please Luna; trust me."

I looked to Zoro and froze when I heard footsteps and spun my fighting staff was at Luffy's throat and sighed softly as I recognized the look that Luffy was giving me and I knew I had to back down as Luffy spoke to Zoro.

"Do what you need too Zoro; but we will step in if it's too much and if you get wounded badly. Don't hold back I know you can take him." Luffy smiled widely as he gave Zoro permission and I guarded Luffy as we kept the Don Krieg pirates away from us and the rest of the those now watching as Zoro went to fight Mihawk.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING! WHY WOULD YOU DIE FOR SOME DREAM?!" Sanji was yelling angrily at Zoro and for a moment I could see that Sanji was worried about Zoro's decision as myself and Luffy stopped Sanji from entering Mihawk and Zoro's fight. "L-Luna? Luffy what are you doing?! Mihawk will kill Zoro!"

Luffy was serious as he stood and he spoke calmly and seriously. "Because this is Zoro's fight; I have to trust that he can make it out alive. Zoro has a dream to become a strong swordsman, we all have a dream on this crew I want to be the King of pirates."

I smiled softly as I watched the fight holding my battle staff and leaned against it. "I want to figure out what happened in my past and travel the entire world; there's so much out there to see and so many new opponents that I would gladly like to fight and test my strength against and eventually I want to show the man who saved me how much stronger I have gotten with my nakama to my back."

Sanji looked shocked and then looked to the fight as he was lost in his thoughts and he froze as he saw Zoro get defeated. "NO!" He noticed Luffy and myself froze fear and worry showing greatly as we had yelled Zoro's name loudly.

I watched as Mihawk moved away and I moved in kneeling and checked Zoro's breathing and pulse as Usopp came over in a small boat with the pirate hunter brothers and Johnny helped to get Zoro into the boat. "Get away from the shore and away from this fight; please take care of Zoro."

Usopp gulped as he was worried and had got to helping Zoro and he looked back over when he felt me shove the boat away. "Wait? What are you and Luffy going to do?!"

Luffy grinned from his spot. "Isn't it obvious? We're going to finish kicking ass here just keep yourselves safe and keep Zoro alive."

Johnny nodded his head. "Be careful Don Krieg will also use poison; don't let your guards down not even for a second."

I nodded my head and got up putting my staff away glad that it was collapsable as I took out my sword and started fighting the first mate I used my haki knowing at this point my body was still healing from the last fight plus on top I got new wounds fighting these pirates. As we fought I noticed Sanji come to my aid and I smirked as we fought together we were both trying to keep our opponent on his feet and I smirked noticing thanks to his weapons that he was much slower then myself and Sanji.

"Sanji! One more attack together!" I yelled to the now smirking blonde as I shifted my haki to my blade and attacked with Sanji as we defeated the first mate and both of us panting heavily till we heard Zoro awake yelling and I hurried to go see him with Sanji.

"LUFFY I WILL NEVER LOOSE AGAIN CAPTAIN! IS THAT ALRIGHT CAPTAIN?!" Zoro had tears in his eyes as he held his sword up from he laid on the the boat floor and I looked to Luffy seeing him standing besides Mihawk and I smiled softly.

"Yeah Zoro that's alright with me; now you just rest and heal and stop worrying Luna." Luffy smiled playfully at me and I giggled as I looked to the boat and heard sobbing.

"Hey Zoro; the next time we're on land and fully healed I'd love to train with you...from today on let's help each other with our sword training and let's get stronger together our captain!" I yelled smiling happily and heard him chuckle. "Don't worry we have one more person to defeat then we can go and find Nami and continue our journey's...don't worry myself and Sanji are guarding Luffy." I spoke and heard him speak again.

"I'd like to train with you Luna; we're equals; you two make sure Luffy kicks that mans ass so we can get our nakama back together." It didn't take long for Zoro to pass out and rest as he was tended too.

I smiled softly. "I promise Zoro; we're finishing this fight." I looked over to Luffy who was glaring at Don Krieg. "You hear that Luffy? We know you can win; you trust us with our fights and believe we can always win now we're asking you that you win your fight captain. Please be careful for everyone who cares foe you."

Sanji watched us and a small smile appeared on his face as he couldn't believe how quickly a small group that hadn't been together very long...how we all had strong bonds and only stumbled upon each other like fate had tied them all together. "Your all so close and push each other to keep going where hope looks dull."

I smiled softly. "Hope is always there; when things start getting to hard for you it's alright to scream and reach out a hand cause in time someone will hear you screaming for help and they will pull you too safety. I've been raised with Luffy for a few years; he wasn't always the best fighter when we were younger but he found someone he wants to be like and I can honestly say I haven't seen him cry in years, there's only a hand full of people he truly cares for and if anything happened to those people I would he would take it hard."

Sanji listened and saw Luffy fighting for all he was worth. "What made him choose to become the pirate king?"

I giggled a little. "Well that's cause of a pirate we met as children; the same one that saved me the day my home was destroyed is the same one who gave Luffy that hat. It's a promise that when Luffy is a great pirate he'll return that hat back to that pirate."