Chapter 42

Luna's P.O.V
I was hurrying to go see Lucci and as I got close I stopped and watched from the shadows and blushed seeing Lucci took out one of our enemies.

I watched impressed as he finished them and I moved stepping in. "Ah sorry I can't let you kill him." Taking out a little rope I had and tied the man up and left him passed out in an alley I would let Lucci take him back later.

I stood up and turned to look at Lucci and walked closer and blushed when he brought me close and I couldn't help myself but to take in his scent and felt myself relaxing. "Are you alright Lucci?"

I heard a purr come from him. "I'm alright Luna. Tell me why didn't you let me finish him?"

I looked to him seriously. "Because we all have our dreams and beliefs; death is too easy where as if they live then they have all their lives to either change their ways or try again and loose again."

"So young and already this wise; you sound like an old soul speaking like that Luna. I've spoken with Garp a few times he's proud that you and your crew have stopped a few criminals and one we thought was dead. I don't like it when your in danger but I understand you want to protect your nakama and I wish to keep you safe any way I can. We're from two different worlds but now my job isn't what keeps me going in this world; you are my world and so long as your breathing then I took have a purpose to keep going."

I blushed darkly at his words and looked to Lucci thinking about all these years from when I was upset someone would calm me and the man I dreamed of it was Lucci all these years he let me live and now was starting to answer my questions.

I noticed how calm he looked and smiled softly. "We complete each other don't we? All those times that I feel the tingling it's you getting hurt; or when I feel emotions that aren't mine that's you as well you've always been watching over me all these years."

Lucci smiled softly and nodded his head. "Yes it has; I knew when you needed me and when you just needed some support. That's why when you snapped earlier it scared me; I didn't know what was going on all I could do was try and calm you but even you managed to block me on that."

"How did I manage to do that? I thought being mates that you would be able to always get in my mind." I asked him confused.

"No not all the time; when we get mad, angry or anything that upsets us it we want piece and quiet from our mate all we have to do is imagine a brick wall formed in our minds and then no one can get in not even your mate."

I was listening to Lucci and was surprised. "So when you mark me I can still block you from my mind when I want some privacy?"

Lucci chuckled. "Yes that's right; but we will always know how the other one is doing cause you see our hearts beat for one another. We're two halves to a perfect whole my kitten."

I blushed darkly and heard him chuckle before I looked to him. "A-alright you can mark me Lucci; I'm grateful you allow me to do what I want and I love that. We do need one another and I wouldn't mind carrying your mark."

"It will hurt for a bit but I promise that it will go away my love. Cling onto me your going to need it; I'll be gentle as possible." He brought them to where they would have privacy and he knew that Luna was worried and he sent reassurance to her through their small bond. He leaned down as his eyes glowed that of his leopard eyes and his fangs showed as Luna tilted her head and gently bit between her neck and shoulder and held her close hearing her whimpers as he marked her as his finally.

I whimpered softly as he marked me and I clung to him and passed out as I felt him hold me close knowing he would keep me safe as I rested while my body went through the pain of the mark and getting some of my mates energy as the bond completely itself.

Lucci's P.O.V
I caught Luna as she passed out and gently held her close it wouldn't take her long to wake up I could feel the bond complete itself and smiled softly as the bond connected our minds and I looked as the wound healed showing my mating mark on her and it would let others know that Luna was fully my mate.

I heard movement and looked as I became protective and saw the cook from her crew spotting us. "She'll be alright give her a bit to wake up."

Sanji had followed from a distance he had to admit he worried about his crew mates and Luna was one those people he thought of as a sister. "So your her mate; she trusts you since she let you mark her. I was surprised when she told me that you were apart of the World Government I feared for her and so does our crew. She's our sister that we would die to keep safe even from her mate."

Lucci smiled softly but it was quickly gone. "Believe me I was surprised that she became a pirate but like I told her she's welcome to do whatever she pleases so long as she's safe and alive that's all that matters to me."

Sanji looked at him and he sighed having his smoke. "She's happier lately aside from having the crew; I can tell when she's starting to have a bad day her mood changes and she relaxes smiling. I know we're meant to all be enemies...but Luna is more special on our ship and on other ships then you think. Seeing her snap didn't scare us it worried us...we don't want to loose her in any form."

Lucci listened as he looked to Sanji seriously he could tell that Sanji was truly worried and Lucci looked down to Luna who started waking up. "I can tell she's special to you's; if she wasn't you wouldn't have been watching out for her while giving us privacy for me to mark her. She's a jewel on your ship; and I'm sure to many other people."

Luna groaned as she slowly woke up and was cuddled into Lucci and she heard him talking to Sanji and she opened her eyes and smiled softly hearing what Lucci said. "Always acting like a big brother; thank you for checking on me Sanji. Can you go keep  watch please? I'll join you shortly and we'll head back to the others."

"Of course Luna; take your time we want to wait till morning before we attack. Crocodile is suppose to arrive in the location in the morning; just rest I'll let the others know that your alright." Sanji smiled softly as he waved and started walking back to the crew as he heard Luna giggle.

Luna giggled before she looked to Lucci and nuzzled his throat and smiled a little as she felt him shiver. "Ticklish?"

Lucci purred softly. "Only when your breathing on my neck in the same spot that I marked you. How do you feel? I didn't hurt you did I?"

"No you didn't hurt me Lucci; I'm a little sore on the mark but that should go away quickly. Otherwise I feel alright; and I can hear what your thinking." Luna smiled playfully as she saw Lucci blush and shyly look away. "May I see your animal form from the devil fruit?"

Lucci was surprised but nodded his head as he helped Luna to stand and he looked around before removing his jacket and shirt and smirked seeing his mate blush which he had to admit looked gorgeous on her seeing the colour red on her cheeks. He shifted to his humanoid leopard form and he allowed Luna to touch him. "I don't scare you kitten?"

"No Lucci; you don't scare me. Your devil fruit suits you perfectly." She looked to him and stayed with Lucci talking till she had to go.