Chapter 10

Luna's P.O.V
I yawned as I stretched out on our small boat along with Luffy and Zoro as Nami was in the boat that had belonged to the Buggy pirates.

Zoro looked at Nami. "Are you going to remove the flag? We don't want anyone thinking we're associated with that group of pirates."

Nami shrugged she was still currently mad at Luffy when she had found out that Luffy had left one bag of treasure behind for the towns folk to rebuild which had resulted in Nami trying to drown Luffy and me trying to get Nami off of Luffy. "I'll change it eventually; so Luna you never said how your related to Luffy?"

I giggled hearing her question. "Well we're not related by blood; we made a bond over a drink of saki. But we both share a single letter in our names; we both share the D. My full name is Luna D. Evermore; his is Monkey D. Luffy."

Nami was surprised. "But I heard that anyone baring the name D has the devil's luck."

I hummed softly thinking back on my past up to now and I smiled looking to Luffy. "Yeah I suppose we do have the devil's luck; I mean I'm alive when I should have died the day my island was destroyed and Luffy was saved more then once the first time he was thrown in the sea nearly drowned and nearly gotten eaten by a sea king; the second time he nearly gotten beaten to death by someone and our brothers had stolen from." Looking to Luffy as him and Zoro talked about getting more members and I sighed. "Wrong answers you two; let's cover our basics first before we worry about the rest."

Luffy looked at myself and then at a ticked off Nami for him suggesting an entertainer and Zoro had said they needed Saki. "But Luna..." He pouted cutely and saw Luna had looked away from his face he was making.

I sighed softly. "We have to really make sure that we're ready to go onto the grand line; remember as we move closer to the grand line things will get harder...pirates, marines, bandits the whole works will be out their somewhere and many will attack us with the intent to kill."

Luffy listened but he usually didn't take warnings to heart; he looked to the small group before sighing and looked to the sea thinking of Shanks and smiled grateful that Namj had fixed his hat. "We're one more step to seeing him again Luna; and to seeing Ace as well."

I smiled softly leaning back and looked at the sky remembering when I ran into Ace once and had politely told him I would be apart of Luffy's crew. "I saw him awhile back; he's actually apart of a great crew and their one big family. He's a devil user as well he ate the Flame Flame fruit a logia type. He's gotten so much stronger as well."

Luffy was happy and he hugged me causing me to giggle before he spoke. "So our big brother big brother is getting stronger everyday? Then we have to get stronger if we're going to keep up with him. Maybe we should train sometime soon."

Zoro watched us tiredly. "So Luna did you leave Luffy's island for awhile or something? You seem to know lots about the sea for a newbie." He yawned stretching and his three swords were sitting on his side.

I smiled softly. "Yeah two years ago when I was seventeen I left but told Luffy that I would return when he was ready to go. I travelled the waters going to new places and learning to fight and user my sword as well as taking care of it. I saw other great pirates and warlords; I saw Warlord Mihawk...that was scary that day he had been told deal with some pirates that were causing trouble he swung his sword and I barely saw it but I had only been learning to use my visual haki and he defeated those pirates like nothing."

Zoro had sat up more listening as I had mentioned Hawkeye Mihawk. "He's the greatest swordsman for a reason; his big sword...is it true; is it black?"

Luffy and Nami looked at me expectedly as well as they waited for the answer and I smiled softly. "Yes...the stories we've heard about it are true; and when he arrives you know it cause you get this feeling...I can't describe it; at the time it was dread, fear, anxiety, but curiosity and respect. But his blade is black and I can make a black blade as well." I drew my sword out and sat indian style as I rested my blade on my lap and used a little of my haki to make the blade black.

Zoro jumped up amazed and he looked to me asking for silent permission and I smiled softly nodding my head as he touched it. "It's called Haki; theoretically everyone has haki but not everyone can wake it up. It takes awhile to master any of the three haki's but it's rarer that someone has all three haki's; there's the visual haki, armour haki, and conquerers haki. Visual is where you can always sense anyone or anything around you, armour haki you can use it on your body or weapons and some people I've seen can do both it makes a person and weapon more resilient to attacks but it drains you quickly as well; the last is Conquerors haki of which myself and Luffy saw Shanks use to scare away the Sea King that day; but I've heard that the stronger a person's conquerors haki is they could bring non-haki users down."

Nami was shocked. "Alright but how do we fight someone that uses haki? I mean the more they use it the more tired they get but the more stronger they would get through training correct?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah; but if say we fight your average devil fruit user that has any of the haki's...then we use sea prism cause it's a major weakness and they in theory shouldn't be able to use their haki then either."

Zoro, Luffy and Nami nodded their heads before Nami looked up and smiled before she spoke and pointed to an island. "Land ahead."

Zoro sighed softly in relief. "Maybe they'll have some saki there I'm thirsty."

Nami growled. "Why do you only worry about Saki?! We have to get supplies before we move on!" She sat on her ship and steered it towards the dock seeing the beach was quiet.

I used my haki as we got to shore and  get the boats tied up and I knew that there was four people watching us and I knew three were kids and one an adult from their signatures. I spun towards the bush. "Show yourselves!"

I watched as a scared guy came out and I bit back a smirk as I knew from tons of pictures that this scrawny scared kid was Yasopp's son...this was Usopp.