Chapter 76

Luna's P.O.V
I watched as we sailed away as Law was on our ship and I heard him tell Nami to avoid clouds and I was curious. "May I ask why we have to avoid the clouds?"

Law sighed. "To get to Kaido we have to stop the man who has been dealing the Smiles. His a Warlord you might know about; Donquixote Doflamingo."

I groaned running my hand over my face. "If anyone on this crew gets seriously wounded or dies I can god damn promise I'll be your worse nightmare Law. If you think Luffy is protective then you should see what being an older sibling can be like."

"I had a family too; you only had yours longer then mine." Law spoke softly. "I had a little sister; before my home was destroyed and I'm sure you know what it's like to see your home get destroyed." Law looked to me I noticed many people opened up to me when they wouldn't with other especially when they hardly knew me.

"It was my birthday party; I was turning nine that year. We had started the party at night cause I loved the stars so much; during the night an explosion rang out hitting the centre of town and after that I remember being grabbed and brought to a tunnel that was near my home and led to the boats on the near by shore. Lucci could hear and smell my scent; so as I excited he attacked marking me as his mate and he put me on a dinghy and set me to drift out to sea. It was a yonko that found and saved me; a gentle man when he wants to be." I moved to sit on a crate as myself and Law spoke.

"Which Yonko? You seem to have a connection to many people Luna. I don't know why it is; but...I just feel I can trust you and anything I tell you to be safe." Law spoke softly that I barely heard it.

I smiled softly as I saw him use his devil fruit and brought a crate to him to sit on by me as we watched everyone relaxing and I giggled seeing Luffy fighting for food.

"I'm glad you trust me Law; the yonko is Red Haired Shanks the same man that saved me also saved Luffy from a sea king that's how Shanks lost his arm. He was also close to Ace; I suppose to me and Luffy...Shanks is more then a friend he's like a father figure we aim to be and hopefully surpass one day. Shanks had me these past two years on my ship; yeah the training was hard and there was days I missed my nakama...but Shanks told me that those you care for and that stand by you are also your nakama. If that's true then I have many nakama I can turn too."

Law looked surprised and I noticed his habit to cover his eyes with his hat even two years ago when I first met him he always hid his eyes. Something told me he didn't like anyone seeing his emotions. What surprised me was seeing a tear fall and I looked away as he wiped it away.

"I have someone I want to avenge; he was a marine but...he gave me my life and spirit back. He saved me and gave me the Op-Op fruit; his pirate name was Corazon. I suppose the way you described it...Corazon was also my nakama; he was killed by his older brother Doflamingo for taking the Op-Op fruit and being a marine." Law had his fists clenched and they were white from how tight they were clenched.

"Yeah he was your nakama; actually Luffy's grandpa is Monkey D Garp. That man took me, Ace and our brother Sabo in as well; oh man when we would get in trouble we knew. That day Ace was killed...it was more then me and Luffy who were hurting; so was Garp...and so were those on the island we all came from as well. The entire village helped to raise all us children; and a bandit helped to raise us four when Garp wasn't there; even from Shanks ship that day...I could see Garp crying. In all my life never have I seen that man cry; later when I talked to him he said he didn't have mercy for pirates...but for family he did." Tears in my eyes as I smiled sadly and I removed a locket I was wearing around my neck with the Initials A, S, L, L and opened it to show a picture of my brothers and Garp in it. "I never knew what love truly was; my family was a tough love kind. So meeting all these people makes my life worth living; I fight for more then my dreams I fight for theirs and that means going against the Government."

I looked up when Luffy ran over and grabbed my hand and I stood up with his help and smiled happily motioning for Law that we were getting ready to go. I walked besides Luffy as Law soon fell into step on my other side. "Let's push forward together as one yeah?"

Luffy smiled and cheered with the crew and I giggled as I made sure everyone got on before myself and I soon joined them and helped to get our ship going.

"Franky?! We need to leave quickly can we use the burst yet?" I walked over smiling and saw Law confused.

Franky smirked cockily. "You super bet Luna; everyone hang on! You too Luffy!"

I giggled as we all held on and Law followed what we did as Franky did the burst and I was laughing happily having always found it fun when we did and giggled harder when some of us got tossed and landed in a pile.

I heard another male voice laughing and looked up smiling seeing Law actually giving a real smile. "That's a laugh I can get use too; don't ever hide your emotions from us Law. We're here in this alliance to help; and that means listening to anything you say. Your our nakama now." I stood up giggling still feeling a little dizzy and leaned against the railing.

"Your nakama? Are you a hundred percent sure that you can trust me Luna. For all you know I can use this alliance and turn on yourself and your captain and crew." Law spoke seriously.

I smiled softly. "Luffy has always been good at knowing someone's characteristics; if Luffy trusts you then so do I Law."