Chapter 23

Lucci's P.O.V
Lucci was on Arlong's Island with his group they had split up to divide and conquer as he wanted to finish this mission as quick as possible so that they could get back to Water 7 and finish their mission there. He stuck to the shadows and kept his presence hidden when he heard talking and hid watching a group seeing two women about to fight he was about to leave when he heard Luna's name and he looked closer and he noticed that it was indeed his mate. His beautiful mate was finally within his grasp but he could divert from the mission; although he was curious about what was happening and saw an orange haired girl attack and Luna didn't hurt her badly or hold back either she met the orange haired girl on an even ground and he smirked a little as he saw his mate fought true and honourable fights.

He watched the fight till Luna had the girl pinned to the ground and was speaking to her before she let her up and the girl left with many of the others following and Luna had hung back spinning her staff in what was clear agitation before he looked to where he was.

"You might as well come out mister; I know you've been up there for the past little bit before the fight had started." Luna had her poker face in place as I jumped and revealed myself to her she was easily shorter then myself but her stance was alert and tense as she watched me. "Who are you? What do you want?"

I smirked a little liking the fiery attitude she was displaying and I made sure we were alone before I spoke. "Rob Lucci; may I have your name? As for what I'm doing here well let's say I'm here to deal with the pirate Arlong." I walked closer to her and slowly circled her and I could clearly see my mark on her neck and reached out lightly brushing it and that caused her to jump away her staff at the ready. "Calm down; I won't hurt you my little kitten."

Luna looked at Lucci and he had to admit her eyes alone took his breath away they were unique to her; he couldn't recall ever seeing her eyes anywhere else maybe she was a rarity. Luna looked at him confused and she touched his mark on her neck looking at him confused. "Who are you to me?"

Lucci stopped as he stood in front of her facing her and was alert for danger and he leaned closer taking in her scent and lightly nipped her left ear lightly causing a shiver to go through her. "I'm the man that placed this mark on your neck; you are my mate Luna."

Luna's P.O.V
I had shivered when he nipped my left ear lightly and I could feel myself blushing darkly and I noticed he was finding this amusing but what through me off was when he said he was my mate and he knew my name. "How the hell do you know my name? Who do you work for?"

I tried to put space between us but it didn't help as I had backed into the side of a building I hadn't noticed that he had worked me literally up against a wall and trapped me between his arms and his body pinning me. "Let me go."

"Now why would I do that? Now that I'm this close to you surely you know that I want to keep you close to my side my dear. We're mates lately you have been getting wounded lots and it worries me especially with your slow healing; I know you have been touching my mark lots and I know now that your enjoying being close to me I can feel your heart pounding hard in your chest."

I had wanted to be mad but no matter what I did I couldn't stay mad at him. "So what? I'm a pirate I live to fight anther day; now tell me what do you do your no pirate I know that." I felt my hand freeze when he caught my hand with his as I just about had his badge and I saw him show me and I froze paling. "Ciphor Pole." I felt light headed and gasped when an explosion sounded and I looked quickly and became worried. "I-I have to go I'm sorry."

I broke free and I could feel him watching me as I ran towards the explosion and I found a place to climb onto the roofs making my pace pick up and I stopped when I saw Luffy hurt and alone as I jumped down. "Luffy!" I ran kneeling and gasped smiling seeing him wake up. "What happened."

"Ah Luna? Oh that Arlong guy we all got split up looking for Nami and the  we noticed you had been gone for awhile. We have to find the others their in danger." He started dragging me as we went to go look for out friends and I couldn't stop thinking of Lucci no matter what I did and I swore we were being watched and it made me wonder what he was truly doing here.

I was with Luffy when we talked with Nami's sister and I frowned shifting on my feet and took off needing to find the others and I stopped when I found Lucci watching me and when I tried to walk by he dragged me into a dark alley. "What do you want Lucci?"

I noticed that his eyes weren't the same colour as earlier and I thought about what Sanji said earlier about Lucci needing to mark me and this time I too had to mark him to finish the bond it would benefit us both but I didn't know him and I didn't know what to do. "Lucci; Lucci you have to get a hold of yourself you have a mission don't you? "

Lucci cursed softly and I heard a deep inhumanly growl and I saw his eyes were gold and cold the eyes of a predator. "Oh Luna; you don't know how badly I need to carry your mark and need you carrying my full mark. You know who I work for; once we're fully bonded I will be able to talk to you mentally plus your healing will get better. If you must know yes I was there that day your island was destroyed and I will only tell you more if you give me a chance to win your heart."

I bit my lip not knowing what to do but then froze when he talked about my island. "You do know that us being mates is a dangerous life; we come from two different worlds that are natural enemies."

"Don't worry about that Luna; I'll make sure we don't get in trouble. Come I'll help you find your friends...the reason I'm here is too stop Arlong."