Chapter 18

Lucci's P.O.V
I smirked as I felt Luna's amusement as I was sitting on the top of the crow's nest on the ship it was peaceful out for the moment being we had gotten into a part of the sea where the weather changed in a blink of an eye so I was watching as men walked around below me on deck bored some looked like they were ready to fall asleep.

Hattori was sitting besides me nearly asleep as well he had been with me for years and rarely left my side unless I had to fight then I would send him away or keep him back in my room until I returned. He was the one who had spotted a wanted poster a few days ago and I smirked seeing it was Luna's along with a couple other people Straw Hat Luffy and Zoro's as well. At the moment they were fairly decent but still small I knew eventually those prices would change especially if they took out stronger pirates then them.

I couldn't stop looking at her poster when I was alone and bit my lip seeing they did indeed have Dead or Alive on it and I was getting more tempted to put Alive only but that would cause suspicion to rise towards myself and put her in more danger. I would wait to do anything until she came to understand that she is mine the only person I would never wish to hurt but I knew there would be times I would break her heart but I would work hard to rebuild any trust that I break with her.

I looked to the sky seeing the clouds moving by before I looked seeing the soldiers falling asleep at there post and looked towards Kaku and Jabra who had just come out and motioned for them to wake the marines up and I smirked as they snuck up behind the marines yelling for them to wake up and chuckled hearing the men scream loudly.

I jumped down striding towards them my emotionless face back in place. "Instead of sleeping on the job why don't you two go start doing rounds and check to see how much farther from Arlong's Island we are."

Kaku snickered he may have been younger then myself and Jabra but he was a skilled fighter from day one that I met him and was grateful to have him and the rest to my back during such big missions. Kaku looked to me. "Well it's not everyday that we get to wake those lazy bums together. So what's the game plan Lucci?"

I looked to them. "Let's head in and I'll explain; it's going to be a tricky job to get onto the island. They have a seaking that they feed to protect the island and with the towns people there they might give away our presence if we come onto the island from the front, from the back we have the sea king we would have to go under the cover of night and the closer we get to his park the more pirates I expect we'll be dealing with. We've gotten reports their guarding that island heavily; Arlong took control of this island years ago he makes the people pay to live there it's 1,000,000 beli per person. The weather changed there snd creates strong storms something we have to be alert of until we're on the island; we have people still gathering intel for us." Kaku nodded as he listened and we looked at the map of the island when a soldier came in saluting us. "How much longer till we're there?"

"Another two says sir; we found out the pirates are heavily guarding the area and have set alarms and traps to keep intruders out sir!" The soldier left when I dismissed him.

Jabra looked at the map seriously as well. "Attack at night; we have enough strength to attack from all angles."

Kaku thought. "And if they have sea prison in their guns or on them then we'll have a problem."

I sighed in irritation knowing both were good points. "At this rate destroying the island seems like a better idea." I rubbed my right arm when I felt tingles and felt Kaku stop me.

Jabra frowned as the others closed and locked the door watching and waiting for me to explain. I growled lowly but knew it would be the best so they didn't kill Luna. "There is a new pirate on the sea's I didn't kill her when we destroyed the island of assassin's...her name is Luna D. Evermore and she is my mate she carries my mark. No one is to seriously harm or kill her am I clear?"