Chapter 33

Lucci's P.O.V
Lucci had heard it had gone quiet for awhile from his mate and while he was taking a break while working at Dock 1 he could feel his mate's emotions going from surprised to happy and he tilted his head curious about what or who she had found or was maybe doing.

Lucci had gotten back to work till the work day was called and as himself and Kaku started walking away he got a call and both himself and Kaku listened it was the most recent report of where the Straw Hat crew was and he smirked hearing who was all on the crew so far.

"So my kitten is also helping to shake the old world; their making their way this way quickly." He walked with Kaku to Blueno's bar where they walked in and they got their drinks sitting with the group in the backroom for privacy.

He listened as reports came in and frowned when he heard Fire Fist Ace and the Straw Hats had fled the town together. "Interesting...why would Fire Fist help a bunch of newbie pirates?"

Kaku looked at files. "There's not much about Fire fist; he's been confirmed to be Gold D Roger's son. I've noticed lots of D's are showing their faces; people believe that D's will cause a storm of events so hard that no one will be ready for it."

Lucci smirked as he had his drink in hand. "It makes sense, my mate is a D, her captain is a D. They have a will unlike anyone has ever seen; no one knows what D stands for as far as I'm aware. We saw her captain in action back on that island; no doubt she's like a calm before the storm. She's normally calm but I believe if someone she holds dear to her is in danger...well then I feel sorry for the bastard who meets the end of her blade."

Jabra listened and smirked. "She's going to drive you crazy with worry the stronger the opponents she fights."

Lucci narrowed his glare on Jabra. "Oh no doubt...but I'm not going to stop her. In her eyes that's her family; I'm not going to make her choose who she wants. I'm going to worry about my mate just like you would with yours; the difference between you and myself is my creature is used to being alone and understands that his mate wants to roam the sea's. Luna understands I'll mark her and we'll form a stronger bond and will be able to sense each other better no matter the distance."

Jabra sneered as he tilted his chair back and his wolf eyes showed and Lucci revealed his leopard eyes. "Don't even bother; we both know I'll defeat you with ease." Lucci was still the leader of this group even though their "boss" wasn't there. Lucci looked to the latest wanted poster on his mate and smirked to himself. "And her price keeps rising."

Luna's P.O.V
I smirked as after all the introductions I was outside on the deck and myself and Ace decided to do some sparring without powers or weapons it was strictly only physical combat.

We had made it so there was no rules like we did when we were younger and when he kicked my right foot out from under me I decided to play dirty and whimpered making tears appear in my eyes.

Ace paled seeing the tears. "Luna did I hurt you badly?" He got closer and I moved pinning him and giggled hearing him curse as my right knee was digging into his stomach and I had his hands pinned. "That was a dirty trick."

I giggled getting up. "Hey we had no rules; and whoever said combat was always fair. If I want to be able to win physical combat I need to take any approach I can even if it's a dirty move."

Ace chuckled as he stood up with my help. "That's true...you and Luffy have gotten stronger since I last saw you both. You must have both been training hard in the time I was gone; if I recall you left the year after I did."

I smiled softly. "Yeah I did; I left a couple weeks after my seventeenth birthday...I was gone for two years and went back to the island the week Luffy was leaving so I left with him. It's been a wild ride this far so many adventures and some of my questions have been answered but I have more questions as well. I...I also met my mate but no one else had met him. He saved my ass when we fought Arlong."

Ace had a frown on his face and I motioned for him to follow me to my room that I made for myself and it was homey to me. I let him in first and closed the door behind me once I entered and lit my lamp as we sat down. "Start talking Luna; what have you learnt so far? Pops told me something he heard from that night ad well."

I sighed sitting on my bed. "The world government had my island destroyed for refusing to work for them; they wanted people like Cipher Pole to join so they had assassins for whatever. My people turned them down they refused to harm innocent people without a cause. My mate is apart of Cipher Pole he was there that night...he gave me a mark that would get stronger as I got older and help him find me again. His name is Rob Lucci."

Ace tensed and flames started before he put them out and moved hugging me protectively close. "Pops heard that there was special family on your island; they could connect to their environments around them without even trying, and didn't need any devil fruits to help them. Pops believe that family was yours...the people on that island trained you...they knew one day their deaths would come and they wanted you ready to face the world head on."

I was shocked as I listened to Ace. "That would explain...me being able to connect to nature and calm the wild animals on Dawn Island...that wasn't a coincidence; that was cause of me. They sensed something different about me."

Ace frowned he didn't like seeing his little sister upset ever; both him and Sabo had promised to protect their baby siblings at all costs no matter what happened. "I'll keep searching as I'm looking for a certain pirate as well; he broke an iron rule among pirates."

I looked to Ace worried I saw the anger and hurt on his face and touched his hands that were balled into fists. "Who was it? What rule was broken?"

Ace looked to me and sighed hugging me and laid his head on top of mine something he started doing as we had gotten older something that was soothing to us both. "Edward Teach; or Black Beard...he killed one of his nakame on our ships and a close brother of mine."

I froze and looked to him smacking his chest enough to get his attention. "Are you crazy?! Shanks and Garp have said repeatedly that man is considered highly dangerous...in the bingo book he's in the highly dangerous section."

"Luna he killed my friend and stole his devil fruit! There's no way in hell that I'm sitting around while that bastard walks this world without a worry! I have to avenge him!" Ace and I by this point were at a stand off.

I sighed calming myself as I felt a wave of calm come over me. "I understand that...you think I don't when I really do. We heard there had been a murder on one of the WhiteBeard ships but Ace...Garp said that man was the one who left the scars on Shanks. Now think this over Shanks is a strong man himself; even with his haki and yes he's alive with scars but tell me...do you honestly believe your on par with Shanks and Teach? Give yourself time."

Ace saw the worry and he had calmed down he knew out of many people in this world, Luna was one person he knew that understood what it meant to want vengeance heavily. "I'm sorry for yelling Luna; but Pops want him back on the ship. He not only killed his brother he left the ship without permission."

Luna bit her lip as tears appeared in her eyes she was scared of loosing anyone close to her again. "Fine; just...just don't die Ace. I don't think I could keep going if I lost someone close to me...we may not be blood or crew mates but...your my brother. Your suppose to be lecturing me to stay away from guys and that no one is good enough for me." I giggled a little and heard Ace snicker.

Ace snickered as he listened to Luna and gently hugged her wiping her tears away. "Someone's perfect for you; I'm not going anywhere Luna. I need to be around to make sure that man knows your a precious jewel in our family and no guy is allowed to hurt that jewel. Your right we're not family by blood, or crew mates...but we chose each other to be family to each other. Oh that's right I got something for you." He reached into his pouch and took out a silver bracelet with the letters...A S L L.

I was amazed and giggled understand what it stood for. "Can you put it on for me please." I held my wrist up and smiled when Ace clipped it on and hugged him again. "It's beautiful Ace thank you."