Chapter 24

Luna's P.O.V
It was easy to keep up with Lucci for the moment as we hurried and I stopped as he joined up with his team and they teased him playfully telling him they were right and I raised a brow questioningly before I close my eyes and concentrated on finding any signature of my crews energy and I looked towards the entrance of Arlong's domain and something told me to go that way.

I looked back to Lucci when I felt him wrap an arm around me pulling me close and slip a personal snail into me hand. "Going to watch from a far? As soon as this is over no doubt my captain and us will need to rest I would like to see you before you go if that is alright."

Lucci was surprised but nodded his head smiling softly as he gently brushed a strand of hair out of my face. "That's fine with me; yes we'll stand away to watch this fight but know this if you's can't fight no more we will step in I won't loose my mate am I clear?"

I nodded my head. "I understand but you don't have to worry; I have friends that will watch my back." I went to join my nakama and was shocked seeing that Nami had been trying to take a stand against Arlong and I moved unsheathing my blade and covered it in armour haki as I protected Nami. "Not so fast fish face." I pushed him back and I knew I had to be careful.

Usopp was surprised but smiled happily. "Luna! Am I ever glad to see you!"

"Sorry I was late Usopp something came up on my way here; take care of your wounds." I had calmed myself and was serious now ready for a fight.

Nami had tears in her eyes and was surprised seeing Luffy, Zoro and Sanji come to help and myself and Luffy fought Arlong together and we were taking wounds and giving wounds as well. "Luffy we can't let him into the water!"

Luffy was confused as we fought. "How come?" Protecting Nami and Sanji and didn't notice when Arlong used the water and sent us flying a long ways away and away from each other. I gasped softly when I felt myself get caught and looked seeing Lucci had caught me. "Th-thank you."

Lucci kneeled as his team was watching our backs. "Are you alright?" He set me down gently and frowned seeing a cut on my cheek. "A little reckless don't you think?"

I giggled softly surprising them. "Yeah we're reckless; but...that man; that monster he stole all the money that these people had and Nami wants to save her island that's why she was stealing."

Lucci sighed as he saw Luffy fighting as we all got closer and they hid in an alley in the shadows and I ran kneeling by Nami who was crying and wearing Luffy's hat. I looked to her left arm and my heart broke. "Oh Nami; don't worry your safe." I tended to her arm and her a loud crash and I looked to the tower that she had made maps in and I knew how to fully set her free as I saw Luffy panting waiting for the next attack.

I stood and yelled to Luffy as I caught a drawing of a map. "LUFFY! DESTROY THIS TOWER! THIS IS WHERE THEY MADE NAMI STAY AND WAS FORCED TO DRAW MAPS OF THE SEA'S!"

Luffy caught on and he glared at Arlong. "You forced Nami to do this?! You made this a prison where she can never be free; from now on she won't ever have to come back here. If Nami wants to travel then she can and she'll be as free as she wants!!" He gave one last attack and defeated Arlong and destroying the tower.

I went with Zoro and Sanji as we climbed over debris looking for Luffy and I sneered seeing Arlong was unconscious. "Luffy!" Worried and heard Zoro yell for us and I ran over breathing a sigh of relief seeing my captain was alright. "Let him rest."

Zoro smiled and carried Luffy. "He went through hell; he even ended up in water and still he kicked Arlong's ass and freed the people of this island."

Sanji had a smoke and he looked to me frowning. "You look like hell as well; let's go get those wounds tended too we know where Going Merry is."

Nami got up and she placed Luffy's hat back on his head and looked to us tears in her eyes. "Thank you; after everything that I've done and said you still helped me when you didn't have too."

I smiled looking to the crew and to her. "We're pirates yes; but Nami time we first met and you agreed to travel with us...well Luffy saw you as nakama. So of course we would have followed and helped you; Nami that's what family is for...your our family now too."

Usopp helped get our weapons that we had dropped and came over. "Do you's mind that I check on your weapons? I can make any repairs to them."

Zoro smiled and he nodded his head. "Go ahead; we can also get whatever supplies we can and once Luffy is awake and strong enough we'll no doubt be sailing to the next island."

I nodded my head and as I found out where the ship was and I told them I was going to look around for supplies as I did I noticed Lucci follow me. "Told ya this crew isn't weak."

Lucci's P.O.V
Lucci chuckled softly at what Luna said and he nodded his head. "You were right but then I already suspected that you and your friends were strong; you all came out swinging and taking down pirates who are much older and stronger then all of you's. It's not every day we hear of newbie pirates defeating veteran pirates."

Luna looked to him as she was gathering whatever supplies she could and Lucci could see her bite her lip before she spoke. "We have our dreams and we know we won't get stronger if we don't push ourselves past our limits."

Lucci listened to her and helped carry some things for her. "Pushing yourselves; how far can you push yourselves till you break? You all fight good together but what about solo battles how are you all at fighting alone?"

"We do work good together; and we...we can fight good alone. I think when we decide to fight alone it's like we're silently telling the others that we'll give it our all so they better give it their all or we'll catch up and kick their asses ourself." Luna smiled softly as she spoke and Lucci liked it. "Lucci? If I let you bond to me fully you can't use me against my crew or anyone I know."

Lucci froze and gently made her look at him. "I promise Luna; anything I do will only be myself and my team. Once in awhile you and I will have to meet to keep me calm and I can get my scent on you again by remarking you. But like you said earlier we will have to be careful just make sure to tell me where you are...if I'm correct and you's stay on this path towards the new world you and I will be able to meet often the final spot will no doubt be at Water 7."