Chapter 37

Luna's P.O.V
Nami had just told us we were closing in on the first part of our trip and I frowned looking at the land that was coming up when I felt Ace's weight lean on me and giggled seeing he fell asleep again. "Not again Ace."

I moved enough so he could lay down comfortably and gently moved myself as I went to help getting ready to land Going Merry.

I winced kneeling when I felt like ropes tightening around my body and ended up kneeling on the ground and heard someone run over kneeling and picking me up. "S-something's wrong with Lucci."

Ace was surprised hearing the name. "Rob Lucci? Of Cipher Pol CP9?"

I nodded my head slowly and felt him place me on my bed and sat with me but knew that Lucci was alright since he could protect himself.

I panted fighting to get my breath and it felt like my air was being squeezed out of me. I felt Ace holding me gently looking scared and I shook my head. "S-someone's f-fighting Lucci...i-it feels l-like h-he's being squeezed."

Ace frowned. "He's strong he'll be alright; he should know that you both feel what the other feels."

I coughed and soon felt my oxygen returning. "I-it was never like this before. I-I need to find out more about mating bonds."

"Has Lucci fully marked and bonded with you?" Ace was worried as one of the most important people in his life was struggling to understand what was happening with her bond mate. "Damn it Luna this is why I worry about you and Luffy; I knew I would always worry especially when your trying to understand your bond and your mate."

I looked to Ace softly as I was relaxing once I got my air back and I moved hugging Ace gently and heard the others come to check on me and I smiled gently. "I'm alright everyone I'm sorry; that was because of my mate fighting someone."

Luffy had been worried and jumped on Ace and I hugging us and caused us to hug him back before Ace spoke. "Hey we're not going anywhere; I have to protect you both your my little siblings even when I'm not travelling with you's...I'll keep you safe any way I can."

I looked to Ace I knew that he still struggled to see just how valuable he was to more then myself and Luffy but to other people. "Don't you dare get yourself caught or killed; I swear myself and Luffy will come no matter what Ace. We're family that means we will always come to you."

"Luna's right Ace, and I know our friends here will gladly help as well. It doesn't matter if we're on the same crew or not or how far apart we are...we're family we made for ourselves we protect our own though. It's not just us who care for you Ace and you know that; what about back at home think of how many people would be heart broken if anything ever happened to all of us."

Ace looked to us surprised but he worried he knew that once Luna and Luffy's minds were made they were very stubborn and hard to change their minds. Ace looked to Luna and he saw her smile and he sighed smiling softly. "What about your mate Luna? Wouldn't he get mad or come after you if you started being careless?"

I shrugged my shoulders playfully. "Does it matter if he does or not? That man no doubt would try to stop me in anything I plan that can be dangerous to me...but he understands that I'm happy on the sea's and that so long as those I care for are in danger then I'll go save those people."

Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Vivi and Chopper all smiled nodding their heads agreeing that they too would follow the siblings and try to save those that they hold dear to them. Sanji was the one who spoke up; he may have his own family he left behind but now he saw that this crew is what the real meaning of family was.

Sanji sighed putting his smoke out that had finished. "Luffy and Luna brought this crew together and saved our asses without us asking too they just did. They would walk through hell for us and we would do the same for them...if danger came onto you to the point that you had to be saved I can guarantee that we would go with them to save you."

I smiled listening to the crew and I knew once again that we had an amazing crew. "Hey we would protect each other no matter what happens."

Ace smiled and nodded his head as soon as we were docked he untied his boat and gave Luffy and myself each a hug as we got coverage on us from the sun. "Be careful you two; and no matter what happens never turn your backs on one another."

Luffy nodded his head he knew that Ace was after someone dangerous he had heard Luna giving their brother hell earlier and when Luna was upset that's when Luffy knew things were serious. "We will Ace; and next time we meet I want a rematch and this time I'll kick your butt."

I giggled hugging Ace as well. "Family is all I have here and their stuck with me as long as I'm alive their stuck with me."

Ace laughed before looking to the rest of the Strawhats. "I know they can be a pain when they want; but please take care of them."

The crew nodded their heads and Sanji gave some water and food to Ace and they watched as Ace left after Luffy and Luna were given pieces of paper with Ace's name on them. Luna put her's where it was safe and Nami sewed Luffy's to his hate so he would 't loose it.

Vivi took lead walking to the village she saw when she was younger and she walked besides Luna and looked back to see Luffy was trailing behind the group after a few miles.

Vivi looked to Luna who was reading what looked like a book and spoke up. "May I ask Luna? But what is the book your reading?"

I looked to Vivi surprised as she kept walking. "It's a bingo book; it had the information of many dangerous people including Crocodile. I keep updating my book as the information comes and the next time we're in a town I'll find an office with these books and get another one."

"So how come you decided to be the mercenary for your crew? I've asked before but the others said it would be better to just ask you." Vivi was speaking with me quietly so the rest didn't hear.

I was alert of our surroundings and I looked to Vivi. "How to explain; well my island was an island full of assassins and mercenaries we were a family on that island. Everyone training each other's child/ren since we could walk and read and understand things. When I was nine my island was destroyed and someone had marked me as their mate and set me to drift on the sea's where Red Haired Shanks saved me and brought me to Luffy's island. I want to protect this crew with my life and if that means taking another's life then so be it...I would rather it be my hands covered in blood instead of theirs."