Chapter 22

Luna's P.O.V
Sanji was curious and he was surprised when he saw the bite mark. "Heh you have a mate."

I looked to him. "I've heard that but I get confused when people say that."

Sanji smiled softly. "Someone who is a creature or ate a devil fruit that's an animal must have marked you at some point; a mate is easy for an animal to find to them it's a pull, or a smell but they know it. When your marked it means you and your mate can feel each other and by the size of that bite I would say it's a predator animal."

I thought as I gently touched the mark and felt relief and I tilted my head a little. "Okay so these other emotions I feel are my mates feelings?"

"Yep; when either of you's gets hurt the other feels that area tingle but the worse the wound or wounds it can become from a stinging to burning sensation. Eventually whoever marked you will come find you again to finish the bond." Sanji was leaning against a seat as we talked and he had a cigarette lit again. "How long have you had that mark?"

I thought and bit my lip. "Since I was nine; my island had Buster Call used on it and I used an under ground tunnel to escape I remember opening the door and someone grabbing me after that I have nothing. The next time I woke I was on the Red Haired Pirates boat in the captains cabin on our way to Luffy's island."

Luffy was eating on some food that Sanji thankfully rationed for the time we would need food as we sailed. "Yep; that was the same day that Shanks saved me when the leader of those mountain bandits through me in the sea and he lost his arm to a Sea King saving me."

Johnny was surprised hearing who the pirate that saved us. "Y-you both know an emperor?!"

Luffy looked up confused at Johnny as he relaxed in his own spot. "Emperor?"

I sighed softly but smiled a little. "Right in the pirate world you have the king, the emperor's, the warlords, and then the rest of us. Now depending on the followers, power, strength or whatever you did to get the government and marines attention they usually categorize pirates according to their powers. Currently we have no king which is what started the wave of pirates years ago; there are currently three Emperors on the sea's that consist of Shanks, Whitebeard, Big Mama all of whom are power houses with many of followers easily over 5,000 plus followers under their colours plus the captains are rightfully feared in their own ways. After the Emperors you have the Warlords of whom make an agreement with the marines to not be bothered unless they do something to break that said agreement. We saw one of the Warlords already Mihawk is one of the Warlords known as the strongest swordsman alive."

Luffy listened and he remembered how strong Mihawk was during the battle earlier. "Who are all the Warlords?"

I took out a book I carried. "This is a bingo book usually assassins, Mercenaries, hitmen whatever many of us carry one with the looks, info and prices of those that are deemed worthy enough so all strong and high priced pirates." I opened my book and looked at the Warlords. "Alright so the Warlords are Mihawk, Boa Hancock, Doflamingo Donquixote, Crocodile, Moria, and Barthmeleo. After them it would be the strongest pirates in our new generation and usually it's the Warlords who are sent to try and deal with us aside from the marines. Which reminds me we have to tread carefully around a rich group of people called Celestial Dragons these people are lower then pirates because they have slaves that they treat worse them scum and usually many slaves either get killed by their owners, or they kill themselves. The Celestial Dragons kill anyone who walks in their path and if you attack a Celestial Dragon then an Admiral will be sent after the person or people."

Luffy frowned as he heard the last part and it didn't take a genius to see Luffy's tense posture and his hat hid his eyes that was enough to tell me that Luffy was angry with what I told them all. "Why do those rich people get away with what they do? What makes them so great?"

Sanji spoke up for me. "Because their guarded by the World Government; anyone who wants to make a change in this world has to challenge the government of whom has also done lots of wrong for years."

Johnny nodded his head before he looked up seeing an island and he moved the boat to go to the direction of the island. "Take a look we're here; I wonder where Nami hid the ship?"

I looked at the island and I felt a strong pull as I felt my heart skip a beat and I knew that my mate was on this island the only thing I didn't know...was this person going to be a friend; or an enemy. I looked to my bingo book quickly and looked to Johnny. "You said Arlong is a strong and deadly person? He hasn't made it to the bingo book yet."

Johnny was surprised. "When did you get your book?" Looking in the book as I thought.

"I got it about a month ago actually; and if this guy has been a hazard for years then he should be in the bingo book by now." I went on alert as my visual haki activated and I looked at the water. "Heads up we're not alone; I think it's a sea king."

Usopp gulped but he took out his slingshot, Zoro was awake and his hands on his blade, Luffy stood by me cracking his knuckles as the sea King showed itself and Johnny and his brother hid behind all of us shocked.

I hummed softly as it looked like a cow or something and was very friendly as it gave us a ride to the island. "Oh he's so friendly." Getting onto land and turned petting the sea kings snout. "Thank you for the ride you better go home sweetie."

Sanji had hearts in his eyes at how kind I was being with the sea king. "Whoever gets you is going to be a lucky man; I'm jealous."

I blushed darkly and Luffy snickered and spoke. "Luna's always been a softie with animals and the innocent people she can give compliments but has a hard time accepting them."

Usopp snickered. "That's right I remember when I thanked Luna for helping to save my island she blushed so darkly I thought she was going to hurt herself."

I groaned a little irritated and punched Luffy hard on the head thankfully Garp taught me how to make him feel pain and smirked playfully seeing he had a lump. "Luffy you may be my captain; but your still my baby brother so unless you want another lump on the head I suggest you stop the teasing." Smiling innocently as we walked and I heard steps and stopped looking and saw a shocked Nami. "Hey Nami."

Nami was shocked seeing the entire group together and she didn't want them to cause a problem that could put her island in danger and she knew she needed to chase them away. "Damn your still alive? Guess Don Krieg was as weak as they say."

Luffy frowned confused. "What do you mean Nami? Of course we're alive we're your nakama."

Namj sneered as she took out her battle staff. "I'm not your nakama; you see I was already apart of a pirate crew."

I moved taking my battle staff out I made it clear I would guard my crew but I would meet her on even grounds. "Your apart of Arlongs crew; now was it by choice or by force." I watched her body language and seeing the moment if shock on her face and her body tensing told me everything I needed to know. "I see. Luffy please if she attacks let me fight her...we both have battle staff's it's only right that we meet on equal grounds."

Luffy stood back and nodded his head. "Don't hurt her to badly Luna; restrain yourself with her captains orders."