Chapter 82: Uh Oh Oh Oh It's Magic

"Is that it?" Jay asks.

The group from Auradon had trekked through the woods surrounding Storybrooke until they reached the source that gave some of them magic.

So say that the well looked unextraordinary was an understatement. It was made of thick granite or marble-like stone, with an octagon-shaped hole that likely looked down into the darkened water below. Above the hole was a roof made of wood and shingles. Surrounding the structure was a base cemented into a cobblestone pattern. Time had certainly taken its toll on the well, being covered in moss, leaves and other debris from the forest. There were also cracks in the stone to show its age. There wasn't even a bucket attached across the top to use and draw water from it. For something that was apparently very important, it didn't look like anything special.

"That's it," Mal says.

She feels herself shudder slightly, the memories of earlier flooding her mind. The closeness to Ben, the mixed emotions of anger, sadness, happiness, love and desire, all swirling around inside her like the waters at the bottom of this well.

Ben feels equally uneasy and gently allows Mal's hand to fit into his own. While they weren't out of the woods yet with their fight and break up, it was improving and slowly being mended. Both their minds flash as they recall the rainbow light that expanded from their lips meeting; a sign of true love according to Ben's father and the reason that Evie suddenly had magic. Despite their problems, they could not deny that their love had sparked something.

Doug goes up and reads the plaque attached to the well.

"WISHING WELL

For centuries, local legend has claimed that mystical waters run beneath this great land. It is said that these waters possess the power to return that which is lost to its

rightful place. If you have lost something precious to you, drink from this well and

bear witness to this miracle as what is missing shall be returned."

"Weird," Jay mutters, gazing down into the hole. You could not even see the bottom and not even daylight seemed to reach it. It was slightly eerie and off-putting.

"Didn't Regina say it's like a beacon that caused our magical potential to be woken?" Jane asks.

"Apparently," Mal says, still rather skeptical about the whole thing. Honestly, while the town's use of magic was new to her, it was comforting to know that she was not alone when it came to having powers. She wasn't the weird VK who had something that was outlawed in her own kingdom.

Evie swallows and steps away from Doug, just for a minute and he gets closer to the well to examine it more carefully.

She closes her eyes and inhales carefully. There's a feeling inside of her, a warmth or a spark. Now that she knew she had magic, she was still curious to see what it could do... She clenches her fists and prepares to conjure something. However, she freezes when she remembers what happened before... she nearly hurt Mal and Jay! What about Doug? She couldn't risk hurting him... and what would he think about it? Would he push her away? Would he be afraid?