Chapter 56: Pirate v.s. Princess

"Mom I really think this is a bad idea," Emma says. She and Killian stand with her parents as Snow prepares to take on CJ in an apparent duel.

"Emma, she needs to learn to respect people, especially adults."

"Well, technically since she is our daughter, shouldn't we be dealing with this?" the blonde asks.

"I'm just making it a little easier for you to handle her," Snow says. She's changed into more comfortable clothing for the battle. She also had Regina poof up her bow and arrow too, even though they would be mostly fighting with swords. David had bequeathed his own sword to his wife to use, while everyone else watched the arrogant teenager sharpen her cutlass while being cheered on by the rest of Uma's crew, all except Harry, he keeps his distance from all of this commotion.

"Besides, aren't you better with a bow? Isn't that your weapon of choice?" Belle asks as she burps Gideon against her shoulder.

"You don't think that during all that time I spent as a bandit that I didn't learn to use multiple weapons? It wasn't until David and I married that he showed me the best way around a sword."

"Not that you ever needed help," he says. "You knew your way around more than one sword."

The couple grin at the lewd innuendo, David wraps his arm tightly around his wife's waist, trying not to laugh and Emma bites her lip before groaning loudly, completely and utterly mortified. Apparently, she was never too old to be embarrassed by her own parents. Guess they were not above making a dirty joke, especially when their son wasn't around.

"I can get Calista to shape up no problem," she says

"Aye, I don't doubt that you can put up a fight dear Snow, but she has likely grown up on a pirate ship, sword fighting is second-nature to anyone who's been born close to the water. And if she truly is my daughter... let's just say she's been fighting since before she could walk."

"e's not wrong," Harry says, coming up to the group with a burger in his hands. Despite CJ's fight for food, all the other kids are being fed. Mostly to shut Chad Charming up so he wouldn't continue to complain. Only a little bit of Granny's food has been saved for the victor of this competition. "Me mum always said she was fightin' the moment she came out of the womb."

"Mrs. Snow," Dizzy says, swallowing very hard. "Are you sure you'll be okay? I mean, I don't mean to doubt you, but I know the Isle pirates and their fighting is pretty brutal. And what about your son, he won't want you to get hurt, will he?"

Snow smiles and leans down to Dizzy's level. "I appreciate the concern Dizzy, but I'll be perfectly fine. Don't you worry about me, remember, I may be a princess, but I'm far from helpless"

"We always worry about you," Regina mutters. She knew that Snow would be victorious, in fact, everyone in Storybrooke did. Snow had many more years of experience than CJ, plus she didn't have the teenager's arrogance or over-confidence. However, the VKs and the AK were all extremely skeptical about it, especially Simon and Whitney. When they learned that this woman was their alternate mother, they became worried. The mother they knew back in Auradon was a very elegant woman, a real queenly monarch of style, grace, purity, and sweetness; they had never seen their mother ever get angry or even hold a weapon. She preferred diplomatic solutions even when the twins were little and would fight over their toys. The fact that this Snow White is more than willing to challenge an Isle child, is completely foreign to them.

Of course, on the other side of the battle, the War Frats were extremely happy that they're finally going to see some violence. While it may not be them fighting, at least one of their own is standing up to royalty and are giving them "what for." Who would ever think that dainty Snow White, a princess who talks to animals, could ever beat a pirate in a sword fight, let alone even hold a sword? The idea is laughable to all of them, and CJ felt like she had this victory in the bag. Once she won, she and the Frats could do whatever they wanted, including blowing this popsicle stand.