Chapter 93: Party at Granny's

The diner is filled with people by the time night begins to fall over the tiny town. Voices of men, women, teenagers, and children overlap one another, making it extremely hard to distinguish specific conversations. Laughter is the main emotion spread throughout the room as they mingle and enjoy their time. Food and drinks are flowing, non-alcoholic for anyone underage or pregnant and the kitchen is still hard at work. All attending might clean Granny out of stock before morning.

For a lot of kids from Auradon, the friendly atmosphere is inviting and enjoyable. They'd never seen a place so welcoming and full of people who truly cared. Perhaps it was the "small-town" mentality or just genuine kindness, it was a community of friends and family.

Jay is stuffing himself with any food he can get a hold of, not caring if he ends up with a stomach ache. Chad is also indulging quite a lot, seemingly craving "decent" food as well, but at least with his face full, he can no longer complain. Pin and Herkie had started a poker game at one of the tables, but they were only betting with pretzels and any other junk food available. Dizzy and Tallia somehow managed to get a hold of Granny's whipped cream cans and were daring each other to see who could hold the most in their mouths while also shoving candy in as well. Several other Auradon students joined the challenge, taking pictures of the event. Audrey is trying to flirt with any other boys and tries not to get involved in childish antics. Carlos and Jane are sharing an ice cream sundae in the corner, away from all the chaos, despite the son of Cruella constantly looking over his shoulder. Evie and Doug share a few snacks between them and watch the adults turn into children as the alcohol flows. Finally, Mal and Ben watch as David and Mary Margret insert money in the jukebox and put on a slower song. Several couples, including Emma and Killian, stop what they're doing and get up to dance. They find their own spaces to dance.

"Still not much of a dancer," Emma says. "Might be harder when my feet start to swell."

"Well then, let's make the most of our time Princess Leia," Killian smirks.

"After you Prince Charles," she smiles before the pirate wraps his arm around his wife and begins to dance.

Several of the teens groan and look away from the sickeningly romantic display, but a few of the Auradon kids watch on.

"Want to dance?" Ben asks.

"Uh-uh," Mal shakes her head. "I don't dance."

"Really?" he smirks. "Because you seemed to do a lot at the cotillion."

"That's different," she says quickly.

"How?"

"We weren't dancing in front of total strangers,"

"Most of those people were strangers. Even as king, I can't remember half the names of the people who attended."

"Doesn't matter, I'm not dancing."

Ben wants to get her to dance anyways, but since they were still ironing things out, he lets it go... for now.

Despite his two left feet, Doug grabs Evie's hand and guides her onto the dance floor. The two hold each other close and sway back and forth to the music. The daughter of the Evil Queen lays her head on his shoulder, treasuring the moment.

Regina watches from one of the stools at the counter. Her heart feels heavy, wishing Robin was still around. Even if he wasn't much for tango or the waltz, Regina grew up with balls and various celebrations that her mother always threw and after she married Snow's father, the man was more interested in teaching his daughter to dance than his wife. While her mother insisted that she learn all the styles of dance to ensure Regina attracted a suitor; she never really learned and the best memories were when her father, Henry Sr. would have his daughter stand on his feet and they would dance however they felt like. It didn't matter if it looked silly or less than graceful. The ball in Camelot was the only time she danced with Robin (after a few tips from David) and despite how the night had ended, it was still one of her best times with her outlaw. She watches her daughter dance with her boyfriend; how happy she was with him and how safe she felt in his arms. It pleased the mayor to see the girl so happy.