Chapter 22: How Auradon Fights

Dear Princess, Mal,

Mal grinds her teeth together and her eyes glow a very angry green. She holds the note tightly in her grasp, crumpling it almost to the point that the parchment would rip into multiple pieces. She knows who wrote this note and 'they' decided to open the letter with a mocking statement of her former status within the kingdom of Auradon, which was on the rocks thanks to Uma. She sucks in a deep breath and keeps reading the note.

I hope you've been getting all the caviar and spa treatments that you can handle because that is about to end. I wonder if you've figured out who's been causing a little chaos around this prissy prep school. Life in this kingdom is so boring and it was so much fun to shake things up and watch you take the fall. After our near run-in a couple of nights ago, I decided to show Auradon who you really are and who you've always been.

You can get mad at me all you want, but you know it's the truth. Evil is born not made and it will always stay that way. Like I said before, you can stick a tiara on a villain, but you'll always be a villain. The only difference is that I've fully embraced who I am and have decided to flaunt it. You know my name and what it means.

I can't say that I haven't enjoyed the freedom of the open waters and now, my crew is too. We plan to improve our lives by 100%, but we must take care of a few things first before we set sail. It's been a little while since we've talked, and I think it's time that we have a little reunion, only this time on your turf, instead of mine. I figured Ben deserved a front row seat for him seeing who you truly are and that's why he's been given early admission. He's not dead... yet... If that makes you feel any better. But it won't stay that way for much longer.

You might be thinking that I want Fairy Godmother's magic wand again and that I want to trade it for Ben, but I don't. Your precious king is just the leverage I need to get you here. You and I need to settle this once and for all, find out who the Queen of the Isle truly is. If you think you can beat me, you've got another thing coming and this time Beasty boy won't be there to stop the fighting. You knew that this has been a long time coming, the ultimate showdown and this time, only one of us is coming out alive.

Meet me on the beach in an hour where we can finally see if you can answer this question;

What's my name?

If you tell any teachers or other adults, then Ben won't live to see the sunrise.

I know you're itching for some excitement, bring it on.

Uma

P.S.

Gil and Harry say hi to you and the other loser VK's

The note becomes a crumpled ball as the daughter of Maleficent's fist squeezes it in her grasp. Her eyes are now like two green beacons of light as she becomes more and more enraged. She lets out an animalistic snarl. Before, she had been fighting back tears of anger and sadness, but now her rage is boiling over. The ground beneath her begins to shake violently with her inner evil coming out once again. It was like déjà vu for her. The last time she and Ben had broken up, he'd come to the Isle and been captured by Uma and her crew. Now they'd broken up again and the pattern is repeating, only this time Mal felt that there is more to it. Uma always wanted something more, there was always a catch to her plans or deals; like mother, like daughter. She couldn't figure out what it is, but tears are streaming down her face as she pants in anger.

Everyone in the room is deathly afraid of what will happen next; those who had seen what happened on the Cotillion cruise ship knew what this reaction likely meant. They take several steps back, Jay putting himself in front of Dizzy to protect her, Carlos pulling Jane and Dude close to him so he can protect them, and Doug has his hand on his girlfriend's shoulder to pull her away from the raging dragon-girl. But Evie shrugs off his grasp. The daughter of the Evil Queen realizes what was going to happen and she grabs her friend's shoulders tightly, having no regard for her own safety.