Chapter 91: Aftermath

The world is now quiet and still. The four women sit in prolonged silence with nothing to say. They all knew that a lot of people would be showing up shortly, so they may as well embrace the silence.

Mal smiles at her best friend. She was relieved at being healed considering how much pain she'd been in and was also happy that Evie had found a good use for her magic. Maybe this would help her see that magic isn't a bad thing. It killed the daughter of Maleficent to see her best friend in so much pain and so afraid of something that was a part of who she was. Sure magic was different, but it made them special and it could do good things.

"Evie!"

The silence didn't last as long as they hoped.

Two figures appear up the road and come towards them. As they get closer, the group realizes that it's the Evil Queen and Evie's boyfriend. Evie and Mal both stand up.

Regina races over and embraces her alternate daughter.

"Thank god you're okay, are you hurt?"

"I'm fine," she mumbles.

Once the mayor has released her, Doug pulls her into a bone-crushing hug.

"Don't ever do that again," he whispers. Evie can hear the despair in his voice. "Please..."

"It's okay Doug," she says, trying to reassure him. "I'm fine, I'm...

"No," he interrupts. He breaks from their embrace, and she can see the fear in his eyes, almost on the verge of crying. "I need to get this out. Magic or no magic, I... care too much about you Evie to lose you... I can't... I don't want to lose you. I don't care if you have magic or not, you're too special for me to lose you. If you're having trouble with this or anything, please tell me or at least know that you can come to me when you're ready."

"I will, Doug I promise," she smiles, wiping away her tears and kissing his cheek before hugging him again.

"I'm just glad you didn't hurt yourself or anything," Regina says.

She then turns to the dragon ladies. "What the hell happened in the sky?"

Mal looks over at Lily and Maleficent, waiting to see if they would reply. Looks of guilt across all of their faces.

"It wasn't exactly very subtle. Why was there a literal Game of Thrones battle above the town? Do any of you realize that you could've burned the town or the entire forest down? How many people you could've killed? Or that you could've killed each other? Did none of you think of that?"

Like a mother scolding her children, Regina wanted answers and none of them were speaking.

"It was an argument that got out of hand," Mal states simply. She's not going to assign any blame, even though she didn't start any of this and was only trying to protect herself.

"You think?" Regina snaps. "What would possess any of you to do something so reckless? Why can't you settle your differences like normal people?"

Lily's eyes glow gold for a second to express her annoyance and rage at the whole situation, hating that a former villain is lording morality over them. Then again, the mayor was only looking out for the town and the people they could have killed, and they also could have laid waste to the whole town, leaving survivors essentially homeless.

"Because we're not normal," Lily says smugly, with a smile. "We have no other outlet for our rage."

"Don't give me that crap! Two out of three of you are fully grown adults and can't settle it without a firefight?"