Chapter 53: Parental Rules

"All right everyone, listen up!" Regina calls out to the children of Auradon and the Isle. She uses her sharp queenly authority to ensure that all eyes were on her.

An immediate silence sweeps over the group since all of them now knew who this woman is and did not want to be on her bad side. While most of the students from Auradon Prep were extremely skeptical of the claims that this villain is actually a hero; they knew better than to disobey or anger this royal.

"I'm sure that most of you are hungry and let's face it, Whale's menu in this place is less than ideal."

"I heard that!" the doctor calls from down the hall. "And it's not my fault the food here sucks!" Crystal and Regina can't hide the smiles on their faces. The creepy doctor who sews body parts together deserved to be the butt of a few jokes now and again.

"I would've preferred Gene Wilder as my Frankenstein," Crystal smirks to herself. "He makes the concept of being a doctor funnier and with a lot less alcohol involved." Her reference is of course lost on the kids from Auradon as well as Killian, but both Regina and Emma smile at the reference. Emma reminds herself to show her husband the satirical movie when they have free time. She then cranes her neck to call after Whale again... "Sorry, Frau Blucher,"

The sound of horses is then heard from the girl's phone as she'd brought up an infamous movie clip for the select few people's amusements.

"Getting back to the task at hand... We'd like to take everyone out of the hospital and give you all a decent meal..."

Many of the students smile in relief and happiness at this idea.

"However, in order to have this meal, I am laying down some ground rules. I need everyone, and I mean everyone to listen to this." The former Evil Queen looks directly at the door, which is still open a crack, so the War Frats could hear this. "Rule Number One: Anyone who is seen with a sword in their hands or caught fighting will be detained by Sheriff and Deputy Jones."

Emma and Killian flash their badges to the kids.

"They're the law enforcement in town and anyone who breaks this rule will be thrown into jail."

"Also known as the brig," Killian clarifies to the pirates in the adjacent room.

"Your captain's already in there," Mal smirks, feeling such great pleasure that Uma was where she rightfully belonged. "And she's not getting out any time soon."

A few of the War Frats sneer angrily at the purple-haired girl's remarks. Mal crosses her arms and smiles with deep satisfaction

"Rule Number Two: no one is allowed to go anywhere in town alone."

"Why?" Jordan asks.

"Well, firstly, none of you know anything about this town and secondly, Storybrooke has a large amount of woods, if you wander off, it might take a while for us to find you, even with magic," Regina explains. "Rule Number Three: No stealing or damaging anything in town. Once again, you will be thrown in jail."

"Why do I feel as if this is directed at us?" Jonas calls out from the room.

"Because it is," Carlos snaps. "None of you have ever been off the Isle and you can't just do or take whatever you want."

"Why not?" Gil asks,

"Yeah, that takes all the fun out of it," Bonny practically whines.

"Fine, you can stay here and eat the crummy food that the hospital provides," Regina shrugs. "If you would really like, I have a 'brig' in the basement where your food will be served through a metal slot in the door. Just ask my sister about what it's like down there... And we will ensure that none of you get out until we fix the portal problem and send you all home."