Chapter 34: Number One Troublemaker

"Ben!" Mal shrieks.

"Doug!" Evie gasps.

"Jane!" Carlos yells.

All three VKs try to reach their AK counterparts, only to be stopped by Harry's blade. He points them at his foes and grins with much excitement. His eyes widen with much-anticipated glee being finally able to get his revenge for Uma. If he did this, then maybe, she'd finally notice him and see him as more than just a first-mate. Those from Storybrooke who did not know the son of Captain Hook could tell that there is something off about him; a grinning unbalance that left most people shifting uncomfortably where they stood. The teen pirate seems to thrive on violence and anything that involved treachery.

"Uh, uh, uh," Harry tsks at them, wiggling his hook in the air. He uses his blade to block their path and has them stepping back in fear. "Yer not gettin' to them that easy."

Mal's eyes begin to glow again. She's ready to take on her ex in order to protect her friends.

"From the nights end to the break of day,

Make this monster go away..." she shouts, raising her hand in the air.

However, much like before, nothing happens for the daughter of Maleficent in terms of her powers.

Harry Hook does flinch, expecting to be hit by some kind of magic, but when nothing happens he gives the purple-haired teen a toothy smile. "Looks like yer magic doesn't work here love," he says with almost a laugh, clearly pleased by this new development. "It evens the playing field doesn't it?"

"Get lost, Harry!" Evie barks. She's scanning the room to look for anything to use as a weapon. She had to help Mal, Jay, and Carlos protect their friends.

"Or what, Blue Belle?" he taunts her.

"Or else you'll have to deal with us," Crystal interjects. Her hands become purple in anticipation for a fight. She glares at him with great determination. Emma and Regina follow suit with their hands lighting up to help defend the kids if they need to.

Harry pauses to gaze at this girl. He finally notices that there are other people in the room beside Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay, who are his main targets for battle. He especially wants to get even with Jay for throwing his hook in the water the last time they battled. But this new girl takes him off guard slightly. For a moment, all his thoughts about Uma vanish, even the thoughts of revenge or harming the kids from Auradon leave his head. He drinks in her looks with much interest. Her fierce blue eyes are quite intriguing to him along her long hair pulled up in a ponytail, and heart-shaped face which he finds alluring, and even the purple light radiating from her hands seemed to enhance her features just a little bit. He licks his lips while smiling, his bright blue eyes never leaving her face, which kind of creeps the other party out.

"Well aren't you a right pretty lass," he purrs, dragging his hook along the doorframe as if the daughter of Rumpelstiltskin will find this attractive.

"Is he seriously trying to hit on you while he's threatening other peoples' lives?" Emma asks

"I've had weirder ways of being hit on; one guy tried to mug me and then asked me to go out with him with the money he was stealing from me," Crystal sighs, knowing that she tended to attract weirdos no matter where she went.

While Crystal did find this pirate is not unattractive, she can see he is unbalanced; he obviously thrives on doing evil and spreading chaos. She could definitely see the resemblance to Killian, his would-be father; the sleek black hair, the very vivid and captivating blue eyes, his chiselled chin, and again, an affinity for eyeliner. What is it with pirates and eyeliner? Of she can remember correctly, Jack Sparrow also wore the makeup component in the movies; was it meant to make them look more attractive. She realizes that she's staring at him a lot longer than she'd anticipated. She glares at him again and looks down at his hostages, all of whom seem to be frightened and/or wounded.