Chapter 57: Meet the Parents

"Now that the excitement has been settled, perhaps further introductions are in order," Archie suggests.

"Grand idea," Killian agrees, keeping his arms around Emma tightly.

"And please no more fighting," David says. "We've had enough of that to last a while."

"With the War Frats I wouldn't make any promises," Carlos hisses to the prince.

"Which one is Cinderella?" Mal asks the main group of Storybrooke.

"The blonde woman and man, playing with the little girl in pigtails," Crystal directs the daughter of Maleficent.

Thomas and Ella are letting Alexandra toddle around the park now that the sword fighting has finished. Thomas takes his daughter up the slide and goes down with her, much to the toddler's delight. She lets out a happy giggle as Ella looks on happily before scooping her daughter up into her arms and kissing her multiple times with great affection.

Mal goes over to Chad, who's finally seemed to have run out of things to complain about now that he's out of the hospital and eaten. He sits on a picnic table, inspecting his nails when the VK comes over and grabs his arm, practically dragging him with her.

"Hey... what? What's the big idea Mal?!" he protests, trying to struggle from her grasp.

She doesn't answer but drags the spoiled prince to the slide and stops.

"Are you Cinderella?" Mal asks the woman.

"That's me, I also go by Ashley," she says as she puts Alexandra against her hip. "And this is Thomas or Sean."

"Why do you have two names?" Chad asks. At first, Mal just thinks he's being sarcastic but then she remembers that the son of Cinderella and Prince Charming has no idea about the history of Storybrooke or the alternate identities most of them have, so it was a legitimate question.

"The first ones are our real names and the second are our cursed names," Thomas explains.

"Curse? What curse?" Chad asks, slightly alarmed.

The daughter of Maleficent skips over his inquiry, figuring the parents can explain it and goes into the introductions.

"Well, this is Chad Charming, the son of Cinderella and Prince Charming, who I guess is technically your son too."

"But, my father's name is Henry, not Thomas, and I don't have a sister," he looks down at little Alexandra and winces slightly as if the innocent child is a snake that's about to spring at him. He is very confused by everything happening around him. He obviously does not react well to new situations, but Mal figures it's time for him to suck it up and just deal with things as they come. Life will not always be cushy and provide pampering in Auradon. The Isle kids learned from a very early age to expect the unexpected, something the kids of Auradon clearly have not had enough experience with so far. While those with magic seem to be better prepared, spoiled princes and princesses not so much.

"Well, neither did I until twenty minutes ago when I met her for the first time. A lot of things are different here than they are in Auradon and until Crystal and I fix the mess that Uma, Gil, and Harry made with the portals, you're just going to have to deal with it."

Alexandra then begins to smile and reach out eagerly towards Mal.

"Momma!" she says looking at her mother and then back at the purple-haired teenager, a sight she had never seen before. The little girl did not seem at all afraid of these strange people who a few minutes ago were watching a sword fight. She then begins to squirm frantically in her mother's arms and making a loud screeching that young two-year-olds are often known for. Once Ella puts her down, the tiny girl toddles over to Mal and holds her arms up.