Chapter 74: When the Claws Come Out...

"Well, well, well, the whole cavalry has arrived," Ursula smirks, her tentacles skimming across the water, propelling her towards land. "And they didn't bring pitchforks or torches this time."

"Snarky sarcasm must run in the family," Jay whispers to Mal.

"Most likely genetic," the daughter of Maleficent agrees.

In a brief flash of light, Ursula becomes bi-pedal again and pulls her wet hair up into a messy ponytail. She faces the group, unsure of what their intentions were. The same applied to the heroes from Storybrooke; those who'd met the sea witch previously knew that she was unpredictable and still had a lot of hatred and animosity toward everyone despite having her happy ending. Killian subtly takes a step back, making it appear that he's being polite, but in reality, he is masking his lingering fear and guilt of betraying Ursula all those years ago. Even though both dwellers of the sea had changed for the better, the captain could sense that the cephalopod still had animosity towards him. He hooks his arm around Emma's waist and appears to be trying to protect her and the baby when he just needed someone to hold him up. The Saviour could sense the tension in her husband's grasp and she squeezes his shielding arm comfortingly. They should not be afraid of her anymore, after all, there was no reason for the sea witch to attack unless of course Gold provoked her.

The VKs, including Harry, also step back. While this version of Ursula appeared to be even slightly nicer and tamer than the one on the Isle, they knew appearances could be extremely deceiving.

Uma remains in the water, with her turquoise tentacles allowing her to hover comfortably on the surface, watching the scene. She could tell that the group feared them. She chuckles to herself, relishing opportunities to make people squirm, it made her feel superior. Only weaklings were afraid of anything.

The former queen of darkness stares at the group, wondering what they were going to do next. The scene was so tense it could be pierced with a knife.

Rumple clears his throat, deciding to shatter the aforementioned tension. "Lady Ursula," he says. "Glad to see that you are enjoying the wonderful Maine weather."

"Water's a little too cold for my tastes, any place down in the Caribbean is ten times better."

"I would hope so," he nods, swallowing. For the first time in a long time, the Dark One was at a loss for what to say; small talk was never his strong suit.

"So what do I owe the pleasure of the Charmings, the Dark One, the one-handed wonder, and the New Kids on the Block?" she smirks.

"Nice 90s' reference," Crystal nods, always the one to support pop culture.

"I was around for them, after all, we arrived here before the curse came thanks to two certain people." She gives a sharp glance at Snow White and David.

Snow swallows heavily and leans into her true love. The two would always carry the guilt of what they did to Maleficent's daughter Lily, and unfortunately, Ursula and the deceased Cruella were more than willing to hold the act over their heads. The witches' return to Storybrooke had forced the Charming couple to confront their darknesses; first by trying to cover it up and then coming clean to everyone. While one could argue that it wasn't fully their fault, Isaac the Author had a hand in their decisions, they had still acted on their fears and a mother and daughter suffered for it. The two's years of separation that were longer than their own with Emma, it still pained the fairest one of all's heart the most. A burden to bear forever.

"Mortal music is rather boring though, has become rather repetitive in recent years, it's why I'm glad that sound travels slowly underwater."

"But songs about Poor Unfortunate Souls are okay?" Crystal retorts, even though it was done in a playful manner.