Chapter 54: Mother-Daughter

"Hello Maleficent," Archie says.

The Mistress of all Evil stands in the group of potential parents, with her daughter Lily standing with her. The daughter of Maleficent looks less than pleased to be with these people. Both Belle and Crystal can tell that see that her eyes are flickering gold every so often, meaning that she's struggling to keep the inner dragon in check. Everyone stares at Maleficent as she steps forward to talk to the speaker.

"Hello everyone, now will someone please tell me what in the world is going on?" the mistress of all evil asks.

"I'll give you the short version, a bunch of kids from a realm known as Auradon accidentally came through the portal I made yesterday. Many of the kids are alternate sons and daughters of many people here, and that includes you," Crystal explains.

"I have another daughter?" Maleficent says, brushing some blonde curls out of her face. "And what is her name?"

"Mal..." Crystal.

"That's it?" Lily scoffs in apparent amusement. "What a name!"

"Is it short for anything?" the former horned villainess asks.

"We're not really sure," Belle answers. "I don't even think she knows."

"What's she like?" Maleficent asks calmly.

"She's spunky, very headstrong, a born leader, stubborn, a bit angry, but also very kind,"

"Did the horns get passed down to her?" Lily snorts from a distance.

"Well, you can meet her right now Lily," Emma says, walking up with Killian, Regina, and the rest of the group.

The entire crowd goes absolutely silent, no one says a word and one could hear a pin drop. Many of the Storybrooke patrons' eyes go wide in shock as the group of teenagers approaches the park. Those from Auradon and the Isle look on nervously, scanning each face to figure out which one might be their alternate parent. The tension between the two worlds could easily be cut with a sword. Most of the Isle kids are twitching slightly, becoming a bit antsy and wanting to run away, but the problem is... where would they go? How would they get food for themselves and more importantly where would they sleep at night? They would also catch warning glances from Captain Hook a few times. He was allowed to keep his cutlass and he would shine his hook at the group of pirate misfits to keep them in line.

Leading the group is Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Ben, Jane, and Dizzy. More than half of them have already met their alternate guardians.

"I feel like we should have brought name tags," Crystal jokes under her breath.

"Should we just go one at a time then?" Regina suggests. She puts her hand on Mal's shoulder and encourages the teenager to walk with her. The former Evil Queen walks with the daughter of Maleficent up to her former rival and stops.

"Mal, this is Maleficent, your mother. Maleficent, this is your daughter from another realm, Mal."

The purple-haired teenager takes a moment to scan this woman up and down. From her bright blue eyes to her blonde curly hair tucked under some fancy hat and a rather plain matching outfit, this outward appearance has the young girl do a double-take. This couldn't be her mom, she looked too... normal. The mother she knew had big horns, wore elaborate robes that resembled flames, had heavy purple makeup on her face, carried a staff with her, and always had a wicked grin on her face. This woman looks at Mal with an almost kind and curious look; not at all disapproving of her "daughter."

Maleficent's bright blue eyes examine the young girl and she purses her lips into a thin and awkward smile. She wasn't sure how to respond to this girl, who is dressed like a punk rocker; purple hair, and all. There was not much resemblance, except maybe in the facial features, but then again, Lily did not resemble her mother much either. Both daughters must have taken after their fathers in appearance. While still processing the news, the Mistress of all Evil holds out her hand.