Chapter 84: Fingerprints

The time to meet was set and the group dispersed for the time being. Everyone had had enough excitement for the day and wanted to relax. Crystal walked home with Harry to make sure that he actually went there instead of claiming that he would. She did not want him to be wandering the streets or the woods at night. Even when he'd broken into her place, she'd still ensured that he was safe and had a place to sleep. Since Emma and Killian had to go and deal with Uma's crew who were harassing August and his dad, they could not ensure their son would return to his temporary housing.

When they reached Emma and Killian's house, CJ was out in the backyard, trying out the tire swing. Emma had the swing installed a couple of years back to make her place feel a little more like a home and Henry still enjoyed it, even though he was a teenager by then. It was also there to be used by little Neal, Robin, Gideon, and the new baby when they grew old enough. It would give the rambunctious youngsters something to do when the families came to visit. Anyone could assume that the Saviour had wanted such simple things due to growing up in foster care and group homes not likely having the experience of simply playing in someone's backyard. Snow was also trying to convince Emma to install a swing set in the back and Crystal would not miss the opportunity to witness Killian trying to put something like that together. She would have to take pictures.

The blonde teenager hardly acknowledges her brother or the other girl, but there was a faint smile on her face, enjoying swinging around... childhood luxuries she was likely deprived of on the Isle.

"Are you going to be okay?" Crystal asks Harry.

He looks at her with hypnotic eyes, they are filled with doubt.

"We'll try to talk to Uma tomorrow." Crystal knew that Harry's friendship with Uma was worth saving, even if the pirate captain was less than a desirable companion. Certainly not her type of friend. "She's probably going through a lot and she didn't mean to lash out at you."

"I hope yer right," he mutters.

The daughter of the Dark One pulls him into a hug, knowing it's what he needed at the moment.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she says, ignoring the flushing in her cheeks. So much was rushing through her head about her feelings for him that it made her dizzy. Everything was so complicated right now, why did love have to be thrown in there too?

When she disappears around the side of the house to the front yard, CJ jumps off the swing, landing as their father had taught them to whenever swinging from the mast.

"When's the wedding?" she smirks.

Harry glares at her and turns to go into the house, letting the door slam on his way.

...

"So it's your daughter as well?" Maleficent says over the phone.

"Apple doesn't fall far from the tree," Regina says, tucking her phone under her chin as she reaches for something. She stands in her kitchen preparing dinner for everyone while communicating with the Mistress of all Evil, letting her know Mal was staying for dinner. Both the daughter of Maleficent and her "boyfriend" were staying, which meant the mayor of Storybrooke was cooking for what felt like an army. The teens were socializing and hanging out in the living room while two of their mothers talked privately.

"And it's powerful?"

"Extremely, you probably felt some aftershock of the blast. It was worse than Crystal's sonic blasts."

Crystal's waves of energy were well-known to the town as being extremely destructive and powerful.

"The poor thing is scared to death about hurting people,"