Chapter 70: Something Unexpected

"Ye sure this is the right house?" Harry asks.

"Only one at the end of the block," Jay says, checking his phone to make sure. For some strange reason, Harry had decided to stay with Jay, even though they were going to visit Mal. Both teens knew that the daughter of Maleficent would not be happy to see the pirate, but if they were going even attempt to talk to Uma, her first mate is a good place to start. "You might want to let me go get Mal, considering the history between you two."

"Agreed," Harry nods, he stops at the foot of the driveway and waits patiently.

Jay goes up and knocks on the door of the blue house. He waits patiently as he hears footsteps approaching.

However, instead of his best friend answering, it's Maleficent herself. She wears a dark blue housecoat and holds a cup of coffee in her hands with the label Mistress of All Evil on it, a gag gift from her daughter last Christmas. She does not look pleased with all to having to answer the door looking like this, especially in front of a teenager, but Lily had left for the morning and Mal was still getting ready.

"May I help you?" she asks in a tone of annoyance.

Jay swallows. He has no idea what this Maleficent is like. She was obviously calmer and saner than Mal's mother, but she was still a powerful fairy/sorceress so he could not take any chances.

"I'm... sorry to bother you, I'm just looking for Mal,"

"Yes, she did tell me that some of her friends would be coming, granted I didn't know it would be so soon."

"I... I really am sorry for bothering you so early, if you could just let Mal know that I'm here, I'll wait in the driveway."

Maleficent's mouths form a thin line and bend up into a small appreciative smile and nod.
"Most appreciated, I will tell her that you're here."

"Thank you," Jay says politely before turning back towards Harry.

He meets the pirate at the end of the driveway, and they stand in awkward silence.

"So..." Jay says. "What's it like over at Emma and Killian's place?"

Harry glances at the son of Jafar and then looks at his boots.

"Awright, so many bloody rules though.

"Yeah, I'm guessing that's something you're not used to."

"Not at all. Ye can't put your boots on the table, ye can't touch any of the son's ting's, ye can't just leave whenever you want"

"Welcome to the world of responsibility," Jay shrugs. "Having parents will do that to you and I'm guessing they don't have a lot of patience for after what happened with Evie yesterday."

"Is this what it's like at Auradon?"

"Pretty much, only you're more likely to live in dorms with no parents, but you still have to follow the rules."

"Damn dem rules," the pirate hisses. "At least on the Isle you could do whatever you wanted."

"On the Isle, you barely got three meals a day and usually had to fight to do anything."

"It was fun though."

Jay silently agrees with the pirate, but just nods a quick affirmative agreement with him.

"Although, if you do want to start dating Crystal, you might have to get used to the rules."

"Bloody hell," he hisses again.

"Sorry dude, but if you are serious about dating her, you have to learn some manners. Some chicks dig the rebels and the bad boys, but most want guys who respect them. And I'm guessing Crystal falls into the latter group."