Chapter 69: Family Ties

Evie continues in the direction that her alternate mother went. She knows that she should be going with Jay to meet up with Mal and then find Uma, but the curiosity seems to get the better of her, powerful enough to overwhelm her common sense.

Despite how small Storybrooke is as a town, it's still hard to navigate especially if one is not a local. She tries to keep an eye out for Regina's car. She checks every driveway that she passes to see if the queen went to visit somebody but to no avail. She crosses Main Street as discretely as she can and continues forward towards what she assumes is the outskirts of town. The daughter of the Evil Queen wants to stop and ask for directions, but something is speaking to her in the back of her mind. Maybe it's a soft whisper or even a quiet song, but it's as if she can sense where her alternate mother was going to go. She continues to listen to this strange voice until she comes to a clearing that is surrounded by many tall trees.

Evie swallows when she realizes that this is a cemetery. She sees many gravestones within the area. Regina's car is parked beside the apparent entrance to the clearing. The VK ducks behind the woman's car and peers around it. She looks for the dark hair of Regina Mills.

Eventually, she sees a hunched-over figure in front of a gravestone, very close to a small stone building on the edge of the cemetery. Evie would have almost missed the figure completely had it not been for the red scarf wrapped around the woman's neck.

Curiosity overrides her common sense again and the blue-haired girl enters the open space. Her desire to know more makes her forget about why people come to graveyards. It doesn't dawn on the young teenager just yet that Regina was likely paying respects to one of her loved ones.

Evie leans down behind a tree on the edge of the clearing and waits patiently until Regina stands up again. The dark figure then turns and heads to the small stone building. The woman waves her hand and seems to disarm some sort of magic surrounding the structure, which spooks the blue-haired teen as she wasn't used to the open displays of magic. Once the former Evil Queen's figure disappears inside, Evie leaves her hiding spot and approaches the gravestone that her mother was kneeling in front of.

Her heart drops into guilt when she reads the name on the stone.

ROBIN HOOD

Regina was visiting her true love. There was a fresh bouquet of flowers laid next to the inscription:

Brave Hero, Loving Husband, Devoted Father, True Love

Also placed on his gravestone were two arrows, likely from his quiver, pointing in opposite directions.

Evie kneels down in the grass, feeling overwhelmed with emotion and the guilt of letting her desire to know more about her mother invade a very sad and personal visitation. She tries to fight back some tears

"I'm sorry I never got to meet you," she says quietly. "From what Regina has told me, you were the most amazing person in the world, and I know you saved her from being a villain forever. I wish my own mother could have found someone like you, then maybe things would have been different between the two of us. I never knew my father, but I kind of wished that it could have been you. You do have a son from Auradon named Robbie and he's as brave as you probably were. He's also an amazing archer like I'm sure you were. I'm sorry if I invaded your time with Regina. I didn't bring any flowers, but..."

Evie reaches onto one of her gloved hands and removes one of the many rings she usually wears. She places a single gold band with a heart gem and a crown on top of it next to the arrows.

"I figure you would like this a bit better. I bet it matches your colour palette."

She smirks at her own joke before becoming serious again.